• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

'SpongeBob SquarePants' creator Stephen Hillenburg diagnosed with ALS

mvcg66b3r

Star Participant
Stephen Hillenburg, creator of the long-running hit Nickelodeon series “SpongeBob SquarePants,” has revealed that he has been diagnosed with the neurodegenerative disease ALS.

The 55-year-old animator shared a statement with Variety announcing the diagnosis and his intent to continue working on the series, which has been on the air since 1999.

“I wanted people to hear directly from me that I have been diagnosed with ALS.,” the statement reads. “Anyone who knows me knows that I will continue to work on ‘SpongeBob SquarePants’ and my other passions for as long as I am able. My family and I are grateful for the outpouring of love and support. We ask that our sincere request for privacy be honored during this time.”

A source close to Hillenburg said he received the diagnosis recently and is in the early stages of the disease. ALS, or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, is a rare terminal illness that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord.

https://variety.com/2017/tv/news/sp...-hillenburg-reveals-als-diagnosis-1202007865/

Whoa! I had missed that. Really sad news.

I had discovered SpongeBob when it premiered and introduced it to my daughter (who was quite young then).
Laughing at his antics became one of the fun memories we shared. Thanks for that, Mr. Hillenberg.

If you know anything about ALS it is a particularly unpleasant way to go.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom