Oldies K-Surf Debuts on KKGO-FM 105.1 HD2 - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 44

Thread: Oldies K-Surf Debuts on KKGO-FM 105.1 HD2

  1. #21

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Dry Ridge, Kentucky, United States
    Posts
    2,224
    You'd think they would find a translator for 1260 or is the FM dial too crowded in LA?

  2. #22
    Saul has changed formats on 1260 and his HD subchannels quite often. I hope he sticks with KSURF. Nobody is playing 50s and 60s anymore and I'm sure there a lot of former KRTH listeners that are embracing the new format. Nice to have oldies on HD2 and standards on HD3..now that's putting the subchannels to good use!

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by benale View Post
    Saul has changed formats on 1260 and his HD subchannels quite often. I hope he sticks with KSURF. Nobody is playing 50s and 60s anymore and I'm sure there a lot of former KRTH listeners that are embracing the new format. Nice to have oldies on HD2 and standards on HD3..now that's putting the subchannels to good use!
    There are at least two online streams for 50's and 60's music (both popular and Country):

    http://www.1037wplb.com/
    http://www.1120wkce.com/

    These two have very similar playlists and almost identical formats.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

  4. #24
    eriedj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    312
    Every link online I could find was playing classical and labeled as K-Mozart.
    Former Radio DJ (25 years)
    Current: Full-Time Wedding & Event DJ Entertainer (20 years and counting )
    http://www.johngallagher.com

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by landtuna View Post
    There are at least two online streams for 50's and 60's music (both popular and Country):

    http://www.1037wplb.com/
    http://www.1120wkce.com/

    These two have very similar playlists and almost identical formats.
    They are owned by the same person and the play lists are the same. The only difference is Wkce has a morning show from 8 am to 10 am and WPLB has a noon to 1 pm show. Both shows are done by Roger Morgan and he takes requests and answers the phone himself. Most of what he plays is from his own personal record library. The same format is also on WFAT but they do not own the station. They also own another station in Vermont that plays country music.

  6. #26
    Website link for KKGO HD2: http://laoldies.com

    Web Player link: http://player.listenlive.co/35971

    Alernate web player link: http://player.streamtheworld.com/liv...IGN=EXTRA_1AAC

    See post # 14 above for direct streaming URL links for media players.

  7. #27

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    389
    Per today's Hear Ache on laradio.com, the oldies format is now full-time on 1260 AM. DJ's coming soon.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastaclocksetta View Post
    Per today's Hear Ache on laradio.com, the oldies format is now full-time on 1260 AM. DJ's coming soon.
    Local Oldies Talent openings, very refreshing!

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by LKellerIII View Post
    I was in France in 2011. Their Oldies station ("Nostalgie") played the Beach Boys constantly...I guess surf music was popular in France. And they played very few French language Oldies - maybe one in every 6 or 7 songs.
    There's even a French (Malagasy, actually) band called "Les Surfs" that was popular in France...I heard a couple of their songs on the radio while in France in 2001. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Surfs

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastaclocksetta View Post
    Per today's Hear Ache on laradio.com, the oldies format is now full-time on 1260 AM. DJ's coming soon.
    Maybe they can hire the talent let go from that other station of late. Shotgun Tom, Jim Carson and others would fit in perfectly here.
    Celebrating 62 Years of Rock & Roll Memories!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




     
Our Conferences
Useful Contacts
Community


Contact Us