Oldies K-Surf Debuts on KKGO-FM 105.1 HD2 - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 40

Thread: Oldies K-Surf Debuts on KKGO-FM 105.1 HD2

  1. #11
    The test for this -- and any other canned, no-effort-required format -- will be whether we tune in tomorrow and hear the same songs. And the same songs the day after that.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by LKellerIII View Post
    I was in France in 2011. Their Oldies station ("Nostalgie") played the Beach Boys constantly...I guess surf music was popular in France. And they played very few French language Oldies - maybe one in every 6 or 7 songs.
    I seem to remember Surf music having a backlash of sorts. It caught on quickly and was very popular for a short time but then it seemed the California haters began attacking it and it disappeared almost as quickly as it arrived. Today, nationally, there seems to still be a large resentment among Americans living in the East towards CA and everything associated with it. Of course, I don't think those Californians really care one way or the other. They like their culture and complain mostly about the usual stuff - traffic, taxes and the cost of Disneyland tickets.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by CTListener View Post
    The test for this -- and any other canned, no-effort-required format -- will be whether we tune in tomorrow and hear the same songs. And the same songs the day after that.
    I haven't heard any repeats yet and that is two mostly 8-hour days listening.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

  4. #14
    For KKGO HD2, the direct streaming URL (for use in media players) is the same one that was used for the Holiday Music stream that was used in November-December 2016:

    http://playerservices.streamtheworld.com/api/livestream-redirect/EXTRA_1AAC.aac (48 K, 44 kHz, stereo, AAC)

    -and-

    http://playerservices.streamtheworld.com/api/livestream-redirect/EXTRA_1.mp3 (48 K, 22 kHz, stereo, MP3)

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by brian marchand View Post
    KMozart is still saying KKGO-FM 105.1 HD2 at the top of each hour.
    They fixed the KMozart ID on Tuesday. Now KMozart just says KKJZ 88.1 HD2. It took a few days for them to correct it.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by landtuna View Post
    I seem to remember Surf music having a backlash of sorts. It caught on quickly and was very popular for a short time but then it seemed the California haters began attacking it and it disappeared almost as quickly as it arrived. Today, nationally, there seems to still be a large resentment among Americans living in the East towards CA and everything associated with it. Of course, I don't think those Californians really care one way or the other. They like their culture and complain mostly about the usual stuff - traffic, taxes and the cost of Disneyland tickets.
    Especially Disneyland tickets. It's an outrage! I was in Jr. High school in suburban LA just as the Beach Boys hit the airwaves, and I recall that for a while, kids...boys anyway...were labeled as either "surfers" or "greasers" (reference to hair products). You had to identify yourself as one of the other - no exceptions.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by landtuna View Post
    I haven't heard any repeats yet and that is two mostly 8-hour days listening.

    Been listening for about an hour and the mix is very good with no commercials. Sound quality not bad either for coming out of my computer speakers. Would be nice if the song listing/now playing features were working, but other than that, no complaints. Each time Saul has done an oldies format he has used a relatively large playlist. I know our pros will say that is why they never last, but it encourages a lot of TSL from me while they do exist.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelFlipper View Post
    I know our pros will say that is why they never last, but it encourages a lot of TSL from me while they do exist.

    It's an HD channel, so they're not expecting any real ratings here.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    It's an HD channel, so they're not expecting any real ratings here.
    I agree, but he has used similar formats on signal challenged 1260 in the past, to which I was referring. I tuned in whenever I was in the valley, but not many others did, thus very short-lived format. Enjoyed it while it was here.

    I am always in the minority on these things. Oldies is with me though!

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelFlipper View Post
    Oldies is with me though!
    Obviously with Saul too.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




     
Our Conferences
Useful Contacts
Community


Contact Us