New version of Firefox and RD

Thread: New version of Firefox and RD

New version of Firefox and RD

The latest version of Firefox now warns users when a website they are attempting to login at is not secure. RD.com is one of the sites I am seeing this warning on and I'm wondering if you guys plan to change the site to a secure mode.

R
    LEGENDARY 80S INTERNET RADIO
    ***RETURNING IN 2017***

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Bass View Post
    The latest version of Firefox now warns users when a website they are attempting to login at is not secure. RD.com is one of the sites I am seeing this warning on and I'm wondering if you guys plan to change the site to a secure mode.

R
    The first thing to understand is what is meant by "secure mode". As an old IT guy this means to me that the site would use various forms of authentication and identification to access and may also be encrypted to some extent. For a commercial site having no measurable amount of secure information encryption would be overkill. If the siter were doing financial business online then it might be worthwhile.

I am assuming "secure mode" does not mean extensive procedures designed to protect login and profile information because that should be the normal in online sites and not the exception.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Everyone:

All of your personal, (password, email, IP, etc.) information is secure. It is encrypted on our Servers.
    We do not share user information with anyone.

Frank Berry

Over the past several weeks I have noticed multiple vanilla sites being identified as non-secure (or potentially dangerous). I found that one could set this condition and cause the warning by inputting a switch to that effect. This is obviously a poor solution to a very serious problem.
    Illegitimi non carborundum