New version of Firefox and RD

Thread: New version of Firefox and RD

New version of Firefox and RD

The latest version of Firefox now warns users when a website they are attempting to login at is not secure. RD.com is one of the sites I am seeing this warning on and I'm wondering if you guys plan to change the site to a secure mode.

R
    LEGENDARY 80S INTERNET RADIO
    ***RETURNING IN 2017***

Anyone home? Frank?

R
    LEGENDARY 80S INTERNET RADIO
    ***RETURNING IN 2017***

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Bass View Post
    The latest version of Firefox now warns users when a website they are attempting to login at is not secure. RD.com is one of the sites I am seeing this warning on and I'm wondering if you guys plan to change the site to a secure mode.

R
    The first thing to understand is what is meant by "secure mode". As an old IT guy this means to me that the site would use various forms of authentication and identification to access and may also be encrypted to some extent. For a commercial site having no measurable amount of secure information encryption would be overkill. If the siter were doing financial business online then it might be worthwhile.

I am assuming "secure mode" does not mean extensive procedures designed to protect login and profile information because that should be the normal in online sites and not the exception.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Here is what Firefox is saying:

Sign In
    Help
    English (US)
    mozilla support

Mozilla Support - English Firefox Privacy Insecure password warning in Firefox

Insecure password warning in Firefox
    This is a new feature that is available starting in Firefox version 51.

Firefox will display a grey lock icon with a red strike-through in the address bar, when a login page you’re viewing does not have a secure connection. This is to inform you that if you enter your password it could be stolen by eavesdroppers and attackers.

Starting in Firefox version 52, you will also see a warning message when you click inside the login box to enter a username or password.

What can I do if a login page is insecure?

If a login page for your favorite site is insecure, you can try and see if a secure version of the page exists by typing https:// before the url in the location bar. You can also try to contact the web administrator for the site and ask them to secure their connection.
    Not recommended: You can also continue to log in to the website even if the connection is insecure, but do so at your own risk. If you do go this route, try to use a unique password or a password that you don’t also use for other important sites.
    About insecure pages

Pages that need to transmit private information, such as credit cards, personal information and passwords, need to have a secure connection to help prevent attackers from stealing your information. (Tip: A secure connection will have "HTTPS" in the address bar, along with a green lock icon.)

Pages that don’t transmit any private information can have an unencrypted connection (HTTP). It is not advised to enter private information, such as passwords, on a web page that shows HTTP in the address bar. The information you enter can be stolen over this insecure connection.
    Note for developers

For developers looking to learn more about this warning, please see this page. The page explains when and why Firefox shows this warning, and will also provide some details on how to fix the issue. For more information, see this blog post and this Site Compatibility document.
    Customize this article
    Firefox
    Firefox for Android
    Firefox for iOS
    Firefox OS
    Thunderbird
    Version History
    Revision #:
    13 of 13
    Last update:
    a week ago
    Updated by: