• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KDIF-LP 102.9 FM On Air Now

Looks like they hit the airwaves with in the last two weeks. Very poor signal even a few blocks from their antenna. They get clobbered by K275CP 102.9 the translator for KIHP 1310 AM. They have a what looks like a ground plane antenna up around 40 feet on a pole on the north side of school building.
FCC data shows they are using this antenna.
http://www.progressive-concepts.com...nt/Comet-CFM95SL-58-Wave-FM-Antenna_PT45.html

http://fccdata.org/?facid=195405

Another wasted frequency...

Another wasted frequency...

To be fair, the KIHP translator was nowhere in sight when KDIF was being built. They initially wanted 103.1 but ended up taking flack from KCDX devotees.

Out here, that signal barely even exists and fights for the airwaves with Voz y Visión Radio on 102.9. It's a mess. Most stuff from North Mountain simply does not make it to me. K298CK, for instance, doesn't start showing up until I start heading north.

Speaking of which, KNUV still lets through Radio Fórmula station IDs during RF program hours.

102.9 FM is a mess of a frequency in the East Valley. For me in Gilbert, it's a Spanish music station. Is that a pirate out of the East Valley?

Driving home from work yesterday, I was only able to briefly pick-up KDIF-LPFM along the I-17 between 7th Avenue and I-10 (clearest signal at 16th Street). Once I merged onto the I-10, it's back to the 1310 AM translator. From what I heard, KDIF had some local programming airing with community talk relating to South Phoenix, but that signal is getting hammered so bad by that KIHP translator that it must only be listenable within a 1 or 2 mile radius around the transmitter. Another pointless translator impending on what would be an otherwise clear frequency for KDIF-LPFM.

It appears a low HAAT hurts them, but I sure have to give them credit for doing local programming for the area they do reach. A mile or two in an urban area still hits a good number of people. Now they need to check getting on another stick at a greater height and a new frequency if that is an option. They can also try filing a complaint that the real world coverage is encroaching on their 60 dbu.

102.9 FM is a mess of a frequency in the East Valley. For me in Gilbert, it's a Spanish music station. Is that a pirate out of the East Valley?

Driving home from work yesterday, I was only able to briefly pick-up KDIF-LPFM along the I-17 between 7th Avenue and I-10 (clearest signal at 16th Street). Once I merged onto the I-10, it's back to the 1310 AM translator. From what I heard, KDIF had some local programming airing with community talk relating to South Phoenix, but that signal is getting hammered so bad by that KIHP translator that it must only be listenable within a 1 or 2 mile radius around the transmitter. Another pointless translator impending on what would be an otherwise clear frequency for KDIF-LPFM.

You're hearing Voz y Visión Radio on 102.9 (and 1340 AM) from Usery Mountain. Calls are K275CL (the IHR repeater is K275CP).

To be fair, the KIHP translator was nowhere in sight when KDIF was being built. They initially wanted 103.1 but ended up taking flack from KCDX devotees.

Out here, that signal barely even exists and fights for the airwaves with Voz y Visión Radio on 102.9. It's a mess. Most stuff from North Mountain simply does not make it to me. K298CK, for instance, doesn't start showing up until I start heading north.

Speaking of which, KNUV still lets through Radio Fórmula station IDs during RF program hours.

So now they're on 102.9, which goofs up KCDX when I'm trying to pick it up.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom