• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

LPFM/Translator Observations

"Bully, bully" an old term dating back to Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt and the Rough Riders (as in "here, here, I agree), Mr. Tejano!!!!

"Bully, bully" an old term dating back to Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt and the Rough Riders (as in "here, here, I agree), Mr. Tejano!!!!

Thanks!!

Well came to Methodist hospital to run an errand. I tuned in to K240CW. It's supposed to cover this area pretty good and I can't hear anything. All I heard was KXBJ 96.9, so have they started airing anything on this translator yet? Will it simulcast 92.3?

Well came to Methodist hospital to run an errand. I tuned in to K240CW. It's supposed to cover this area pretty good and I can't hear anything. All I heard was KXBJ 96.9, so have they started airing anything on this translator yet? Will it simulcast 92.3?

The 96.9 translator supposedly will rebroadcast KWWJ, while 92.3 allegedly rebroadcasts KYOK. At a check early this evening 92.3 is still running Urban Gospel, but is not a simulcast of 1140.

No sign of the 96.9 translator yet.

Hum Fm is now on both 106.1 and on 95.3. So I guess RADIO DABANG doesn't need 95.3 anymore?

Hum Fm is now on both 106.1 and on 95.3. So I guess RADIO DABANG doesn't need 95.3 anymore?

Checking during my Friday evening commute: HumFM is now on 106.1. 95.3 and 1480. Radio Dabang is only on 105.3.

The 95.3 signal is even weaker now. Very poor near downtown, fighting it out with weak signals from KEPH and presumed KZLD.

I see that the listing for the 95.3 translator (K237GS) has disappeared from Radio-Locator...?

Edit to add: I heard the Radio Dabang TOH ID, and it did give the nonexistent KTBZ HD3.

Last edited:
Flipped over to 105.3 earlier today... RDS AF caused the tuner in my truck to switch over to 92.5. Wonder if this is a sign of Dabang showing up on K223CW soon?

Flipped over to 105.3 earlier today... RDS AF caused the tuner in my truck to switch over to 92.5. Wonder if this is a sign of Dabang showing up on K223CW soon?

I would believe so, makes more sense for the Guevarras (LATINO BROADCASTING CORPORATION) to have their LA CALLE format on 105.3 to get a little more audience.

Speaking of LA CALLE I thought former Mega 101 DJ SUNNY D was supposed to be on LA CALLE? Is he there? Rarely listen to LA CALLE.

To add only RADIO DABANG and LA CALLE have their RDS on. LA MEJOR and LA NUEVA don't have it on.

105.3, fairly strong at the post office at Spring Cypress and Skinner. Pretty weak at the HEB in Fairfield. Nothing compelling to listen to.

So I found this dating back to like 3 years ago. Who is PRIMERA IGLESIA EVANGÉLICA DE APÓSTOLES Y PROFETAS? What translator did they get as an exchange?

Primera Iglesia Evangelica de Apostoles y Progfeta’s 106.1 K291CE Rosenberg, TX has been sold to The RAFFT Corporation for $100,000, a $50,000 time brokerage agreement, and providing the seller with a replacement translator for no cost. The sale comes after K291CE applies to increase to 250 watts at 463 meters to expand its coverage of Houston and its southwestern suburbs. It will rebroadcast Cox Media’s 107.5 KGLK-HD3 Lake Jackson.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom