Same-market CHR and Hot AC stations that try to compete with each other?

Thread: Same-market CHR and Hot AC stations that try to compete with each other?

Same-market CHR and Hot AC stations that try to compete with each other?

While to some extent that is true in every case, what stations specifically try to pick up on one another? I think Atlanta it's kind of True with Q100 taking on Star 94. Any other examples?

Quote Originally Posted by tall_guy1 View Post
    While to some extent that is true in every case, what stations specifically try to pick up on one another? I think Atlanta it's kind of True with Q100 taking on Star 94. Any other examples?
    Star 94 is also competing not only with Q100, but also, Power 96.1 (which 96.1 is doing better than both Q and Star).

With B98.7 coming to Tampa, it will compete with Magic, Hot, and FLZ.

Orlando has XL vs. Mix 105.1

Quote Originally Posted by tall_guy1 View Post
    There is overlap in audience and playlist, but CHR and Hot AC are technically targeting two different demographics. That being said, pretty much ANY market anymore with a Hot AC and CHR in the same market, they'll be battling, unless they're both owned by the same company, then you'll see the owner to attempt SOME separation.