• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

1983 & The KEZX Album Project 1st Edition & Other Songs

TMinker

Hello, folks!

I recall back in 1983 a wonderful tune called "Mighty Lighty Moon". I'd only heard it a hand full of times on KEZX but it stuck with me ever since even though I never caught the name of it then nor of the singer.

Over time thanks to the rise of the internet I was able to put that simple phrase in search and after some years it finally came up and I discovered the artist's name was Chuck Conlon. I also discovered it was featured on an album titled "The KEZX Album Project".

Last night I finally found on Amazon an apparently pristine copy of that double album and ordered it. So it should get here by the end of the week. Excited about this as I haven't heard that particular song since 1983. And although a Chuck Conlon can be found on YouTube with a couple recordings they're from the mid/late '60s and I'm not sure it's the same person, although I suspect it is. But "Mighty Lighty Moon" isn't on YouTube. But now I'll have the album and song so that's good for sure.

HOWEVER. However, folks. The real crux of this post is the search for another song and artist. At the same time "Mighty Lighty Moon" was being featured on KEZX there was a slower paced version (unlike the usual fast paced traditional version) of "(What Do You Do With A) Drunken Sailor" song being played as well, and it was a really outstanding version. Could even been called, as this song was sometimes over the many, many years, "The Whalers Song". But I cannot recall the artist(s) who performed it and no amount of running a search on Google or on YouTube has yielded anything that I recall. So maybe it was another local/regional artist and was only being heard on KEZX in 1983.

I understand that was quite a long time ago now. But perhaps someone from the station at that time or another listener from that time who happens to stumble on this site and post might offer a clue as to the artist(s) who performed that particular version. It's great to finally nail down the "Mighty Lighty Moon" song and the "KEZX Album Project" LPs and soon be able to listen to that song and collection. Now If I can find the version of "Drunken Sailor" I remember from that year that would be a fine thing indeed.

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom