• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

92.5 pirate - Baytown / Mont Belvieu

Is it just me or are A LOT of LPFMs being run as Spanish religious stations?

Most are and they do not even have a clue how to run a FM station signal and range suck audio quality is garbage

Most are and they do not even have a clue how to run a FM station signal and range suck audio quality is garbage

Preachers love to heat themselves on the radio. Even if they are the only person listening.

They must be using an old tube style transmitter to accomplish that feat. Let it get hot enough, and Brother Preacher Man can fry up an egg for breakfast, as well.

Hey, don't go and get Bruce all riled up...

48c1026d56e6b4d444b4dcbe43a7bc58_11-green-smiley-face-free-green-smiley-face-clipart-png_2118-2116.png

Last edited:
Hey, don't go and get Bruce all riled up...

48c1026d56e6b4d444b4dcbe43a7bc58_11-green-smiley-face-free-green-smiley-face-clipart-png_2118-2116.png

These days I just yawn when I hear about all this foreign language stuff. Which means I pretty much yawn at the Houston board because that is all that is ever discussed here any more.

These days I just yawn when I hear about all this foreign language stuff. Which means I pretty much yawn at the Houston board because that is all that is ever discussed here any more.

What do you suggest we talk about? How CBS RADIO took HOT 95.7 and flipped it to THE SPOT?

And how they never flipped MIX 96.5 to AMP?

How about we have some fun and talk about how the Christian pop format that was to set the market ablaze; turn 91.7 into a formidable contender in Houston radio, even. Yet, there it is. Several translators, a slew of Class A or better repeaters, and the secondary digital channel of KSBJ all airing it, yet it's not even pulling as much share as was the purely off the bird, everyone's been laid off except one UH undergrad who was more than likely majoring in psychology and not broadcast engineering, "Classical 91.7".

That is how to rile someone up.

Harsh reality check, huh? Sad but true. Cant help but say I told you so. It wasnt the right thing to do, but they begged and pleaded to let it go through. And now they have this mountain of debt without revenue to pay it. SMH. :(

In other news, there's a big Hamfest up in Belton this weekend, with a followup in Fort Bend County later this month. A treasure trove for gadget freaks. Anybody going?

Last edited:
What do you suggest we talk about? How CBS RADIO took HOT 95.7 and flipped it to THE SPOT?

And how they never flipped MIX 96.5 to AMP?

We COULD discuss that the pirate in TV channel 6 (***-FM) is running full time again it seems....guess the weekend only schedule is over with now that Super Bowl is gone :)

And thats all I have to say about that... :rolleyes:

We COULD discuss that the pirate in TV channel 6 (***-FM) is running full time again it seems....guess the weekend only schedule is over with now that Super Bowl is gone :)

And thats all I have to say about that... :rolleyes:

We could, but then we would be breaking the rules on this forum. And have this hole topic closed. So nah! I pass!!

Considering the original topic of this particular thread by proven to be a falsehood by post #2, would we have ever really lost anything if it were to be closed?

Smh. What's wrong is now right; what's right is now wrong. Such is the world in which we live.

The point about the 92.5 transmitter was that it was covering a lot more area than it should, if it is broadcasting from its licensed location. So maybe illegal is a more accurate word than pirate. But that word makes some mad as well.

The point about the 92.5 transmitter was that it was covering a lot more area than it should, if it is broadcasting from its licensed location. So maybe illegal is a more accurate word than pirate. But that word makes some mad as well.

Stan, I know nothing of your 92.5 situation in Baytown, but I do know from personal experience that there is very little difference in coverage whether you transmit 25 watts or 100 watts. If you're listening in a car its all about line of sight. Power certainly helps with building penetration, but the distance is pretty much the same. The higher the better.

Stan, I know nothing of your 92.5 situation in Baytown, but I do know from personal experience that there is very little difference in coverage whether you transmit 25 watts or 100 watts. If you're listening in a car its all about line of sight. Power certainly helps with building penetration, but the distance is pretty much the same. The higher the better.

100 watts is four times the power of 25 watts. The simple math states that quadrupling power will double the coverage with all other issues remaining constant.

Occasionally someone thinks "doubling coverage" means that if the signal covered a 6 mile radius, doubling will give a 12 mile radius. Actually, that is not the measure of "doubling" which is to calculate the land area covered. Πr² is the formula.

But there is a definite increase in usable coverage when power is quadrupled, particularly where land areas are relatively flat.

Why don't we just call it "Liberty FM", with its freeform, willy nilly operating schedule. With KBPA, which has apparently become the "little sister" to it (Bob is a girl's name these days?), we could restart the "Liberty Broadcasting System".

make-radio-great-again-hat.jpg

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom