• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

105.3 on air

I do, mrtejano, but I think I'll yield the floor to the man that you can't mention, and that the adminstrator can't actually stop from being a part of "his show".

There's only one way to truly conquer a sociopath, mrtejano, and that's to be one yourself. Of course, that's well below my pay grade (0) or interest level (again, 0) around here. Why don't you just "drop a dime", call Apostol Guevara, and ask him yourself? You've spoken to him before. Why exactly do you think that a bunch of clowns bickering on a message board know more about his translator, than the source himself?

The 105.3 translator is still off the air Friday morning. I can once again clearly hear KTWL at my Cy-Fair location. It had been buried by the translator, except for punching through in a few dead spots.

Radio Dabang must be pretty frustrated. Originally on the limited 1480 signal, they then move to the better 1590. Then 1480 gets the 95.3 translator and Dabang moves back there. Then Dabang shows up on the stronger 105.3 signal. Then the 95.3 signal disappears for a couple of weeks, then returns much weaker. Then the 105.3 signal vanishes. Perhaps Dabang should have stayed on 1590.

Perhaps Dabang should have stayed on 1590.

Perhaps they should take a long walk down Pier 61 and keep on going until the top of their turbins are soaked.

Mr. Morales would be spinning, if only he knew.

From their Facebook page...

Radio Dabang
9 hrs ·
Hello Dabang Listeners.
FM105.3 is undergoing tech upgrades. We will be back on FM shortly
In the meantime we are rocking on 1480AM,
Online on www.RadioDabang.com
and through the app on your fav devices.
For more information call the studio 713 974 4000

FM105.3 is undergoing tech upgrades. We will be back on FM shortly

Boy oh boy. Looks like they found a new perch. Just applied to share not only the same tower but also the same antenna with K236AR. Got a bit of diplexing/duplexing in da works.

Perhaps they should take a long walk down Pier 61 and keep on going until the top of their turbins are soaked.

That is a bit cynical and a lot racist. It is also misspelled.

That didnt take long. Denied and dismissed earlier today. Every dog has his day, even if its an old mutt eating Walmart brand dog food... http://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/prod/cdbs/forms/prod/getimportletter_exh.cgi?import_letter_id=73181

Looks like they got ahead of themselves by applying for the STA at the Missouri City Construction Permit site, which hasn't hit the air or received a License to Cover.

The Missouri City site would be preferable for the 105.3 translator should it continue with the South Asian format, as that demographic is concentrated in the SW part of the market. Of course there is still the issue with KTWL. The 95.3 translator currently carrying Radio Dabang Pretty much misses its key target area.

Are they back on air?? I am hearing a clear channel silence, no static no anything. Only silence, or did Hempstead 105.3 go out??

Was getting a dead carrier along with intermittent signs of KTWL earlier this afternoon.

That is a bit cynical and a lot racist. It is also misspelled.

"TheHarshReality" commented: "Perhaps they should take a long walk down Pier 61 and keep on going until the top of their turbins are soaked."
Misspelled or not (turban would be correct), the comment is not racist - it "might be" RACIAL - there's an enormous difference between those two words. Certain commenters here insist on seeing racism where it does not exist. It's like saying a sombrero is racist - no, it's simply a type of hat typically worn by certain races, so it "could be" construed as racial (not racist) - unless of course the sombrero is being worn by an Asian or the Easter Bunny, then a sombrero is not racist or racial - it's a hat - just like a turban. Please train-the-brain to avoid jumping to silly-and-damaging conclusions, at the "drop-of-a-hat."

Would it had been wise if Mr Henderson, I think that's his name.

Would it had been wise of him to try to lease out the translator so his station could cover houston?

"TheHarshReality" commented: "Perhaps they should take a long walk down Pier 61 and keep on going until the top of their turbins are soaked."
Misspelled or not (turban would be correct), the comment is not racist - it "might be" RACIAL - there's an enormous difference between those two words. Certain commenters here insist on seeing racism where it does not exist. It's like saying a sombrero is racist - no, it's simply a type of hat typically worn by certain races, so it "could be" construed as racial (not racist) - unless of course the sombrero is being worn by an Asian or the Easter Bunny, then a sombrero is not racist or racial - it's a hat - just like a turban. Please train-the-brain to avoid jumping to silly-and-damaging conclusions, at the "drop-of-a-hat."

Unless "Sikh" is a race... which it is not... the "turban" reference is racial and religious stereotyping. And it is inaccurate stereotyping, as the station's Bollywood format would most likely be followed by folks of the Hindu faith where a turban is only worn, IIRC, in certain ceremonies such as weddings.

"Sombrero" is just the Spanish word for "hat". There is no ethnic, racial or national stereotype or prejudice in speaking about hats. And, of course, since "Hispanic" is not a race, there can be no racial/racist slurs infered or implied.

Would it had been wise if Mr Henderson, I think that's his name.

Would it had been wise of him to try to lease out the translator so his station could cover houston?

A translator cannot be used to extend the service contour of a full service commercial station....so no he could not..

An FM HD channel which is leased to an AM station can, indeed be used to extend the AM station's coverage area. It's a different facility.

An FM HD channel which is leased to an AM station can, indeed be used to extend the AM station's coverage area. It's a different facility.

FM-HD is a FM signal....and has its own contour protection, etc....The AM leasing the HD is SIMULCASTING on the HD...the HD is NOT a translator in the eyes of the FCC....a FM xlator carring the HD on analog IS...but it cannot exceed the protected contour of the main signal.....

AM -> FM Xlator can exceed the service contour of the AM but that is a rare.....if the AM is 250w and poor coverage, its POSSIBLE the FM xlator could outdo the AM signal...but in 99% of the cases, it wont

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom