• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

105.3 on air

Mrtejano

Star Participant
Well the title should say it on 105.3 is on the air with static of course but is Spanish play some kind of pop or slow song inspirational but don't know if it's A church song or just inspiration but is talking about purpose in life

OK here is the updated information at the moment it is simulcasting 94.1

Audible in Spring area... kills my ability to pick up KTWL within their 50dBu contour.

Audible in Spring area... kills my ability to pick up KTWL within their 50dBu contour.

Damn shame. Already enough spanish stations in town, and now translators are blocking out what few english stations we have left. Even more of a shame is when the best station in town is a damn pirate!

Mr Harsh Reality! I know you're interested lol so here goes.

They have stopped simulcasting La Nueva 94.1 again and are now speaking in middle eastern language.

They are rebroadcasting KLVL 1480 am.

The 95.3 translator that Siga Broadcasting bought and paired with KLVL is down. Perhaps this is the temporary solution until whatever problems 95.3 may currently have are rectified.

Doesn't matter to me what is programmed, mrtejano, only that the signal airing it is within its licensed parameters.

105.3 was running Radio Dabang (KLVL) at a mid-afternoon check, but later was back to the La Nueva simulcast.

The audio problems on 105.3 seem to have diminished.

Recent K287BQ reception report from your QTH, please.

Recent K287BQ reception report from your QTH, please.

Checking 105.3 today while driving in the Willowbrook Mall vicinity: The translator signal strength is the same as it was last weekend, dominating the frequency, although KTWL briefly punches through in signal dropouts. Was all Radio Dabang (KLVL) programming during the time I listened. Didn't hear any problems with the audio feed.

The 95.3 translator is still off, nothing bothering KTTF in the Willowbrook area. KRUT is still off as well.

Thank you, sir. I have noted some change to reception in recent days. Reception has become more choppy; clear in one spot, gone with a 10 degree antenna swivel to one direction, and back to clear as I continue to maneuver around. I was unable to null it in prior attempts.

Radio Dabang is now heavily promoting the 105.3 frequency on the air, along with 1480.

Meanwhile the 95.3 translator is back on the air, also with Radio Dabang, but much weaker than before.

Radio Dabang is now heavily promoting the 105.3 frequency on the air, along with 1480.

Meanwhile the 95.3 translator is back on the air, also with Radio Dabang, but much weaker than before.

Well good for them for now having a good FM signal.

And note I said GOOD not GREAT just in case.

It makes one wonder what really is happening behind the scenes. Doctor Back Cracker buys a Woodville translator, pays to have its License paired with KLVL, goes through the expense of moving it to Pasadena, and then suddenly the lessee up and decides to use a translator owned by a completely different group; one with no association to the primary station's owner or associated FM translator whatsoever?

K287BQ is licensed to rebroadcast KODA, btw, not KLVL. Sure don't hear any "Dabanging" going on at any of the three signals KODA produces.

I smell another fish. Better get my tackle box back out again.

Signal is still incredibly strong up here in Spring... still broadcasting the Indian nonsense. Just what we need, another Indian broadcaster.

KTWL has a post up on their Facebook page asking folks to contact them with complaints regarding the K287BQ interference.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom