• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Putting a stop to the Fun (107.1)?

The other board is hinting toward a change at Press Communications' "Fun 107.1" WWZY. Fun's Facebook page has a link to an event promoting a "Huge Announcement" Friday at 5pm on Fun 107.1. (https://www.facebook.com/events/1655045758131846/)

Could the simulcast with 99.7 be coming back, but with the Island taking over 107.1 as well?

WWZY pulled a 1.3 in the most recent 12+ ratings... up from... a 1.2 the book before. Well behind Townsquare's "94.3 the Point WJLK" and their 4.2.

Edit: Just heard a liner saying a change is coming tomorrow at 5pm, and to listen to "107.1FM"

Regular imaging still says Fun 107.1

Last edited:
UPDATE:

Looks like Fun 107.1 and 99.7 The Island will simulcast again and bring back the Breeze name. (http://www.breezeradio.com/)

Now, which form of the Breeze will it be again? Gold Based AC? Mainstream AC? "The Shore's Best Mix?" I guess we'll see at 5pm.

WBHX never showed in the public ratings as "The Island." Did they make a blip at all?

The streaming player has switched its image to The Boss 107.1...not the Breeze. (That's classic rock the Boss, not top 40.) And now Bye Bye Bye playing.

Last edited:
The streaming player has switched its image to The Boss 107.1...not the Breeze. (That's classic rock the Boss, not top 40.) And now Bye Bye Bye playing.

I'll admit I was wrong. And good on Press for throwing up the dummy Breeze page (with a new logo too). It doesn't seem like the Boss is a stunt either.

In the article stub from the other radio site, it mentioned changes coming to a Cape May station, and I assumed the Boss name was going down there.

With Q104 from NYC, and 105.7 the Hawk from southern Ocean County, The Boss will have a bit of a battle, but it may be something that sticks.

Looking at the FCC database, it looks like the Hawk is moving even closer to 107.1's coverage area. This proposed move probably was devised before the Fun flip, might the Hawk flip to full blown Alternative, there is a large hole in that area for this format.

Looking at the FCC database, it looks like the Hawk is moving even closer to 107.1's coverage area. This proposed move probably was devised before the Fun flip, might the Hawk flip to full blown Alternative, there is a large hole in that area for this format.
It doesn't always follow that because a format is not heard in an area that there is a hole that could adequately--i.e. profitably--be filled. There may not be enough of a listening base there. Given there are many operations looking for a leg up, if one of them had data that showed a great opportunity currently, it's not unreasonable to expect someone would have jumped on it.

Not to say it won't happen in the future. But maybe there here and now isn't all that likely. The Hawk's move may well simply result in two (more or less) adjoining classic rock outlets.

However the proposed move for 105.7 WCHR only gives them a tiny bit more coverage area to the north as it is highly directional as south of the new transmitter spot it sends out a full B1 signal because of WQXR 105.9 FM

It's very unlikely that "The Boss" will be staying on 99.7. I mean, they've started a brand new station and they make no mention of 99.7 in the logo or on air? It's a stunt on 99.7 until they decide what to do with it, or get the new format going.

It's very unlikely that "The Boss" will be staying on 99.7. I mean, they've started a brand new station and they make no mention of 99.7 in the logo or on air? It's a stunt on 99.7 until they decide what to do with it, or get the new format going.

They really haven't made much mention of 99.7 since they dropped the "Breeze" name. First it was simply 107.1FM, then Fun 107.1. Only when 99.7 broke away and became The Island did it have an identity again.

I can see the Boss format staying on 99.7 and there being little mention of it. Press knows it's a tough signal to operate alone.

They really haven't made much mention of 99.7 since they dropped the "Breeze" name. First it was simply 107.1FM, then Fun 107.1. Only when 99.7 broke away and became The Island did it have an identity again.

I can see the Boss format staying on 99.7 and there being little mention of it. Press knows it's a tough signal to operate alone.

I dont understand why they wouldn't mention the other signal if they were planning to keep it a simulcast. Stations do it all the time. Atlanta had "Y106 & Y104". Greenvile SC has "103.3 & 95.9 Earth FM" I'm sure there are lots of examples. Hell, it's no different than an AM-FM simulcast. What do they do for the top of the hour ID?

I dont understand why they wouldn't mention the other signal if they were planning to keep it a simulcast. Stations do it all the time. Atlanta had "Y106 & Y104". Greenvile SC has "103.3 & 95.9 Earth FM" I'm sure there are lots of examples. Hell, it's no different than an AM-FM simulcast. What do they do for the top of the hour ID?

Believe it or not, WWZY Long Branch & WBHX Tuckerton

Trainwreck ID

Yup. "WWZY Long Branch, WBHX Tuckerton. 107.1 The Boss. Classic Rock of the 70s, 80s, and more!"

If you want to hear a real TOH Trainwreck ID, spend some time with WNCT via TuneIn - an AM with an incredible string of FMs - unbelievable! BTW, an unduplicated format in our Yankee neck of the woods.

Station has no compression, no highs and is flat sounding, also lower then other stations, No punch to it. Horrible sounding for a station that says its the Boss.
Get with it if you want to be successful with your new format.

wtf is up with the processing?! Sounds terrible besides being flat its choppy like maybe over modulated. Doesn't anyone from Press monitor the audio quality? Not a bad playlist although repetitive like all radio in general, the stuff they play from the 90's is interesting goo goo dolls & 3rd eye blind.

Well, The Boss is still there. 107.1 was a Top 40 station before, wasn't it? Interesting to revive the "Boss" name downashore when killing a Top 40 station.

wbss1.jpg

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom