• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Mark Thompson Leaves KFI

James Kilpatrick could be pretty caustic, though I don't think he ever used the "a" word. And the Dan Aykroyd/Jane Curtin parody of Point/Counterpoint on SNL was all insults. I seem to recall "Jane, you ignorant slut..."

Yes, that was a great line, but SNL fancies itself a comedy show (pause here for unintentional ironic laugh), where obviously the whole crew is in on the gag, not a political talk station where there were strongly held views about very important talk subjects like war and the safety of Americans in a post 9/11 world. The debate was good, could have been great, but Zig blew it by not being professional. It's his lack of professionalism that explains his career, not his lack of popularity. I seem to remember his show had pretty good ratings back in the day.

I don't remember anyone on 60 Minutes telling the other guy he had his head up his ass. My point is when you insult people like that, on the air no less, they're never going to want to work in the same building with you again.

The 60 Minutes bits were almost 50 years ago and they had to function under the strict rules of TV at that time. Remember back then married couples could not be shown in bed and were shown to have two separate beds in their bedroom. A lot has changed since then and the viewers/listeners expect more from their presenters. J&K are big boys (I think) and for the money they make they should be expected to be able to dish it out and take it.

John ziegler worked in my hometown of louisville ky and clear channel news/talk 84 whas in 2003. He got fired after he talked about a personal issue with the gal he dated at the time. She worked on the fox in the morning local affiliate.

And he blamed ending his latest show on trump. I dont get him.

The 60 Minutes bits were almost 50 years ago and they had to function under the strict rules of TV at that time. Remember back then married couples could not be shown in bed and were shown to have two separate beds in their bedroom. A lot has changed since then and the viewers/listeners expect more from their presenters. J&K are big boys (I think) and for the money they make they should be expected to be able to dish it out and take it.

Not really. Point/Counterpoint ran from 1975-79, so that's 38-42 years ago. That was the era of M*A*S*H*, All in the Family , Maude, and other shows that seriously pushed the limits of what was permissible on TV. It was also the beginning years - as mentioned earlier in this thread - of Saturday Night Live. TV was much less tame by that point, and married couple were sharing beds on TV shows by then.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom