ATL. 6+ ratings
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ATL. 6+ ratings

ATL. 6+ ratings

I am starting this tread so we do not hi jack the 92.9 posting

http://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb047

WYAY continues to shock me. WSB seems to always capitalize on the news and WYAY always struggles. And now, when WSB has such a weak evening drivetime host WYAY decides to go even weaker.

Quote Originally Posted by invictus View Post
    WYAY continues to shock me. WSB seems to always capitalize on the news and WYAY always struggles. And now, when WSB has such a weak evening drivetime host WYAY decides to go even weaker.
    I'm kind of surprised that Cumulus hasn't put the Kimmer (back) in PM drive, unless they want a more commentary vs. comedy focused host when news consumers would be listening.

In a way, Cumulus is doing what made WGST in the 90s--hire unknowns and try to grow them (like Sean Hannity).
    "When broadcasting over the radio, there are certain words we must omit.
    Like 'BEEP' and 'BUZZ' and 'GOBBLE-GOBBLE', by gosh we can't even say shhhhhaving cream!"

Quote Originally Posted by jabba17 View Post
    I'm kind of surprised that Cumulus hasn't put the Kimmer (back) in PM drive, unless they want a more commentary vs. comedy focused host when news consumers would be listening.

In a way, Cumulus is doing what made WGST in the 90s--hire unknowns and try to grow them (like Sean Hannity).
    Can they wait a couple of years for someone to pan out?

Quote Originally Posted by secondchoice View Post
    Can they wait a couple of years for someone to pan out?
    Maybe they are waiting to see how the Braves pan out (hopefully will be a strong nighttime host!)

Did 106.7 ever come up with a new "slogan"?

I think they a "news radio 106.7"

What really surprises me is the WFSH and WVFJ showings. The Fish has been strong for some time and WVFJ showed up with a 2 share this time...I'm surprised there is that much Christian Radio listening in a city like Atlanta.
    I'm guessing panel changes have placed a lot of PPM monitors in the NE metro and south metro. WVFJ has always been strong in the soccer mom counties south and The Fish, the northern/northeastern counties.
    But if that's the case what has happened to country? Those numbers seem anemic...
    Thoughts?
    Last edited by wavo; 03-03-2017 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wavo View Post
    What really surprises me is the WFSH and WVFJ showings. The Fish has been strong for some time and WVFJ showed up with a 2 share this time...I'm surprised there is that much Christian Radio listening in a city like Atlanta.
    I'm guessing panel changes have placed a lot of PPM monitors in the NE metro and south metro. WVFJ has always been strong in the soccer mom counties south and The Fish, the northern/northeastern counties.
    But if that's the case what has happened to country? Those numbers seem anemic...
    Thoughts?
    I was wondering what happened to country as well.
    "When broadcasting over the radio, there are certain words we must omit.
    Like 'BEEP' and 'BUZZ' and 'GOBBLE-GOBBLE', by gosh we can't even say shhhhhaving cream!"

Quote Originally Posted by jabba17 View Post
    I was wondering what happened to country as well.
    Country is nationally going through a bit of a down cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    Country is nationally going through a bit of a down cycle.
    What causes these down cycles? I have heard that before about other formats, country included, but it doesn't mesh with my "people are creatures of habit" theory. Most people I have known over the years habitually listen to "their" station(s) and do not switch stations except when something new, with a lot of social buzz, appears on the scene.
    Is my theory all wrong? I can't think of what has happened that is shiny enough to attract people to switch stations

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast