• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Format hole...

The irony here is that I was born in 1995 and never touch any of the top 40 stations; instead I listen to either 102.5 or 95.7. But it definitely is true, people with an eclectic taste in music are far and from between, and most people are interested in the music in which they are familiar with. It's weird for me to even think that much of this programming is being phased out. Fifteen years ago KBSG was the source for 50's and 60's oldies, and KJR was primarily 70's. Now, it's surprising when you hear any popular 70's song on the radio.

Now, back to the Bonneville speculation. If Entercom DOES sell 100.7 to KIRO, it will be interesting to see what the future has in store for 710. Perhaps they would move KTTH over there for better reception around the region and sell off 770 to the highest bidder.

Mmmmmmaybe not KTTH.

ESPN 100.7 makes more sense.

Mmmmmmaybe not KTTH.

ESPN 100.7 makes more sense.

Bonneville understands the future is FM, that is why we hear KIRO-FM on 97.3. The next step is to push KIRO-AM over to the FM, and 100.7 is the likely landing. Get ready for Brock and Salk with much better clarity on the FM band. 710 AM still has a decent signal, and I agree KTTH would be the likely new resident there.

Last edited:
Bonneville understands the future is FM, that is why we hear KIRO-FM on 97.1. The next step is to push KIRO-AM over to the FM, and 100.7 is the likely landing. Get ready for Brock and Salk with much better clarity on the FM band. 710 AM still has a decent signal, and I agree KTTH would be the likely new resident there.

That would also give KIRO yet another leg up over KJR-AM.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom