• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Houston January Ratings

First numbers of 2017 here: http://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb033

KKHH up a bit since the format flip. KODA is down, perhaps losing some listeners to 95.7?

KROI loses a third of its listeners with their own format flip. Different target demos, though.

KRBE gets a nice bump after the demise of rival Hot 95-7.

Guess I haven't noticed Air1 (KHJK) on the ratings before--five times the audience of NGEN.

I have no idea what the "KODA HD2" is, which is listed as "Spanish CHR." In reality the 99.1 HD2 is English language Adult Hits.

KFNC is now ahead of KBME. Perhaps firing Charlie Pallilo was a bad idea.

What surprised me was the uptick for KSBJ following the Holiday book. Typically the Christmas Music format gives you the uptick, then ratings fall back to usual once January comes around. The opposite seems to be the case with KSBJ (per these insignificant 6+ numbers).

I too saw KHJK for the first time. From the rumblings, they are doing quite well in Houston.

It will be interesting if KROI gathers any steam with the format change. The signal sure seems to struggle for any meaningful ratings over the long run although as I understand it, Black Gospel did quite well except was a really tough sell. I suppose the best bet is anything that makes the combo buy more attractive.

Spot on analysis, Frog.

I always hear 12+ doesn't mean much, but KHMX is waaay down there. I guess they're doing well in their key demos.

I expect KRBE will continue ticking upward as KROI seems to be a non-factor not only because of their signal, but because they aren't playing mainstream CHR.

I do notice, though, that KXNG is starting to rise, from 0.1 in previous books last year after the switch from classical. It is slowly building an audience. I wonder if the rise in KHJK and KSBJ is more awareness of Christian radio offerings in general, or response to the election.

The KKHH flip appears to have been a positive one for CBS.

KODA-HD2 is classic rock, not Spanish CHR. It is a darn good classic rock feed, with no commercials. So I am not surprised to see it in the ratings, in spite of being relegated to an HD-2 channel.

KODA-HD2 is classic rock, not Spanish CHR. It is a darn good classic rock feed, with no commercials. So I am not surprised to see it in the ratings, in spite of being relegated to an HD-2 channel.

KODA HD2 is a customized version of IHeartRadio's Classic Rock Channel. It's the same playlist on a one hour delay. KODA covers up any reference to the classic rock channel.

Not sure how KODA does this because I have noticed songs missing from the playlist that were heard an hour earlier in on the iHeartRadio channel.

It's great to see hd2 channels popping up in the ratings

Persons 25-54 January 2017

1. KLTN
2. KLOL
2. KMJQ
4. KODA
5. KSBJ
6. KGLK
7. KRBE
8. KKHH
9. KBXX
10. KOVE

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom