• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Jan 6+ Ho, Ho, ...oh NO!

Back to reality: http://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb057

Santa left KEZ and took all the Xmas Music listeners with him as the station drops from 16.5 to 6.6, but that was to be expected

It was KTAR, not KFYI, that benefitted from the Trump phenom

KNAI with an impressive 3.4...not bad for being on the air just half the day!

KBAQ is Classically Cool with a strong showing

The station formerly known as Lumberyard 14~Forty, now AZ Gold, with their best numbers EVER!

Poor Sports Parking Lot 6~Twenty...the very best signal on Ancient Modulation is now ranked second to last

And here's something to ponder while waiting for the next monthly, Maricopa County Community College has a combined 5.5 share with its two stations. YIKES!

Last edited:
1440 KAZG-AM really benefits from having one of the best translators in the valley on 92.7 FM K224CJ. That translator comes in pretty well almost everywhere in the valley except directly south and southeast of the transmitter in the Tuke, south Chandler and south Tempe. Who would have thought the little daytimer that could would someday get a 1.4 share playing our favorite worn-out golden oldies? I miss Frank Sinatra, the Hollywood Argyles and Edd "Kookie" Byrnes, but they stick with the 60's oldies and that's refreshing. We are lucky to have a station like KAZG in the valley.

KTAR-FM's rise in the ratings may be due to coverage of the president and his first 100 days. It could also be due to, dare I say it, The Kid, errr, I mean Deplorable Darin's new show that started in early January?

And man, how far down has 620 KTAR-AM's ratings gone? They might as well just go back to simulcasting 92.3 KTAR-FM or 98.7 KMVP-FM and be a sports play-by-play dumping ground when 98.7 KMVP-FM is booked. I bet the only ratings they get are from Suns, ASU, D-backs or Coyotes fans listening to play-by-play coverage. Sad.

And as a footnote, talk about bad, 1060 KDUS-AM is not even registering anymore in the ratings. That station needs a rebrand or something. The only thing they had was AIA high school sports and now even the new Fanatic took that away from them. I wonder how long Mother Hubbard sticks with sports on KDUS?

And man, how far down has 620 KTAR-AM's ratings gone? They might as well just go back to simulcasting 92.3 KTAR-FM or 98.7 KMVP-FM and be a sports play-by-play dumping ground when 98.7 KMVP-FM is booked. I bet the only ratings they get are from Suns, ASU, D-backs or Coyotes fans listening to play-by-play coverage. Sad.

98.7 is simulcasting on 860, so there's no reason to put games airing there on 620. Besides, 620 already airs most Coyotes games, and will probably carry most of the early D'backs games as long as the "all-important" Suns' season is still going on.

And as a footnote, talk about bad, 1060 KDUS-AM is not even registering anymore in the ratings. That station needs a rebrand or something. The only thing they had was AIA high school sports and now even the new Fanatic took that away from them. I wonder how long Mother Hubbard sticks with sports on KDUS?

It depends on how long they want to pay Bob Kemp. AFAIK, he's KDUS's only salaried air personality, going back to the Gumpdusky days, and I don't know how long his contract lasts.

98.7 is simulcasting on 860, so there's no reason to put games airing there on 620. Besides, 620 already airs most Coyotes games, and will probably carry most of the early D'backs games as long as the "all-important" Suns' season is still going on.

I'd rather much hear ESPN Radio shows on the AM, given that voices sound harsh and almost robotic when they run ESPN on 98.7 (and that's not even the HD signal). All local shows sound crystal clear.

Also not bad for being sounding like a commercial station on the non-comm band. Since they're en español, they think they can get away with that.

Would you want to be the one who points the finger at the direct descendant of César Chávez?

Would you want to be the one who points the finger at the direct descendant of César Chávez?

No, but Michael Nowakowski is fair game! Even if you don't understand Spanish, KNAI is a commercial station operating as a non-comm.

Last edited:
No, but Michael Nowakowski is fair game! Even if you don't understand Spanish, KNAI is a commercial station operating as a non-comm.

I agree with this assessment. Only two of the Campesina stations are non-comm.

When a Mexican station operates like this, I call it a social wolf (for the class of station that non-public noncommercial stations are; they used to be permit wolves), and there are examples of commercial station groups setting up noncommercial radio stations. Awoo!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom