• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

February Ratings Release

WLS-AM. WTF? This once great radio station seems to have fallen to new lows under Cumulus, and notably during the holiday period. What is the problem?

Problems replying here, but that is my edited response. "Cumulus" is a good answer. See: KGO San Francisco

Last edited:
Congrats to 87.7 Me TV FM with such great ratings for a Baby radio station. It is nice to hear these great tunes again which other stations refuse to play.

WLIT needs to flip to Soft Rock. They have lost 2/3 of their audience and will continue the fall until next November when they switch to Christmas music.

It is sad to see once great stations like WLS 890 barely existing. WLS FM also continues to barely hang on since th3 switch to Classic Hits from Oldies. A station with great talents who barely speak is not working. I really don't understand their playlist either.

Even that music from the 1950's, name me the last time you have heard another oldies/classic hits station play a song from the 1950's, other then Me TV FM?

Congrats to 87.7 Me TV FM with such great ratings for a Baby radio station. It is nice to hear these great tunes again which other stations refuse to play.

WRME-LP was 27th in the market in 25-54, up "nicely" from 30th in January.

It has, within the margin of error of the sample, been a 1-share 25-54 station for a year now.

That is why the "other" stations don't play those songs: nobody that they want to reach with advertising listens to that station.

WLIT needs to flip to Soft Rock. They have lost 2/3 of their audience and will continue the fall until next November when they switch to Christmas music.

WLIT needs to do absolutely nothing. WLIT averaged 5th in 25-54 in January and February with a 4.0 share. It is now a "must buy". You can't compare the December and Holiday numbers for any station that does all-Christmas as they will often double or triple. WLIT had a huge 13.4 in 25-54 in the Holiday book, and nobody in the industry expected any Christmas station to stay the same afterwards.

(WLIT actually went up from January to February).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom