• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Philadelphia Radio PPM Ratings: January 2017

Is it a little weird that WMGK suddenly jumped to 6.9? Ignoring the December and Holiday books for obvious reasons, it's basically a full-point leap. Unusual, no?

Also: I don't know what KYW's 5.6 can be attributed to. Too early to form any thoughts about WTDY's ratings. WXTU is down a bit and something called WKVP showed up with a 2.7 but otherwise, things seems pretty much status-quo (including WRFF).

Is it a little weird that WMGK suddenly jumped to 6.9? Ignoring the December and Holiday books for obvious reasons, it's basically a full-point leap. Unusual, no?

Also: I don't know what KYW's 5.6 can be attributed to. Too early to form any thoughts about WTDY's ratings. WXTU is down a bit and something called WKVP showed up with a 2.7 but otherwise, things seems pretty much status-quo (including WRFF).

WMGK's jump does seem odd, but let's see if it's an actual trend, instead of a one-book anomaly.

KYW has tended to do better in the winter with snow/school closings. But with little snow, and them doing away with on-air school closing numbers, we'll see. Hopefully it's just a turn back for the better for them.

WKVP is K-Love on 106.9. (The old WKDN and short-lived WWIQ). Their sister station (89.5 WYPA- "Air 1") showed up as well. It looks like EMF is buying the ratings now? They popped in in a lot of PPM markets that were just released yesterday. Not a bad number for a forgotten signal with little promotion.

WKVP is K-Love on 106.9. (The old WKDN and short-lived WWIQ). Their sister station (89.5 WYPA- "Air 1") showed up as well. It looks like EMF is buying the ratings now? They popped in in a lot of PPM markets that were just released yesterday. Not a bad number for a forgotten signal with little promotion.

I don't quite get what EMF's purpose is. I don't think I'll ever understand how a not-for-profit charity focuses its funds on buying up radio stations...and now buying the ratings. Aren't the stations non-comms? Why do the ratings even matter? :confused:

I don't quite get what EMF's purpose is. I don't think I'll ever understand how a not-for-profit charity focuses its funds on buying up radio stations...and now buying the ratings. Aren't the stations non-comms? Why do the ratings even matter? :confused:

Underwriting. Telling potential sponsors that "You can reach X amount of people throughout this metro/across the country etc."

Ironically, WRTI and WXPN are no longer showing in the Philly ratings. Does anyone know any specific reasons for these changes?

Underwriting. Telling potential sponsors that "You can reach X amount of people throughout this metro/across the country etc."

Ironically, WRTI and WXPN are no longer showing in the Philly ratings. Does anyone know any specific reasons for these changes?

Most of the EMF income is through donations, bequests and such.

WRTI is not subscribed, and thus does not show in the public release data. I believe that is also the case with WXPN. Both show in the subscriber data.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom