• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Tim Hortons owner to buy Popeyes

So now, Tim Horton's, Burger King and Popeye's are all one...Popeye's was sold for 1.8 Billion dollars
Source: http://business.financialpost.com/n...-tap-growing-appetite-for-chicken-sources-say

I wonder if Tim Hortons will try to get a foothold in New England again. It tried some time ago but closed all its locations rather abruptly in the face of a formidable, entrenched market leader in Dunkin' Donuts.

As for Popeyes, I hope BK management brings back the true Louisiana item that used to appear on the chain's menu for a month or so every year -- those fried crawfish nuggets! They were last offered in 2013.

I don't see Tim's trying to crack the Northeast in any large scale fashion. Any more than Dunkin Donuts would make a big push into Ontario, but they may try a go slow approach.

Tim Horton's was only in a few locations in Maine, Connecticut and Manhattan. First it left Connecticut a few years ago, then Maine last year. Many of its stores are still unoccupied. (What do you do with a free-standing donut shop?)

In Manhattan, there are still a few stores around, but they are all combined with other franchises, such as Nathan's or Coldstone. There were also a few locations in the Buffalo area. I'm not sure if those are still around.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom