What will be the new format for WRCA? - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: What will be the new format for WRCA?

Still same as what Irish 96.9 has been doing

Yeah, the format is all over the place. I still think this station should either go to adult hits, Spanish something, or mainstream urban (maybe even a second hot AC or a hybrid of hot AC/CHR). This is NOT the final format, mark my very words.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomgsinger View Post
    Yeah, the format is all over the place. I still think this station should either go to adult hits, Spanish something, or mainstream urban (maybe even a second hot AC or a hybrid of hot AC/CHR). This is NOT the final format, mark my very words.
    Assuming this is not the format, wouldn't be the first time they did a simulcast of the HD-2 as a stunt.

In Detroit, Greater Media, when they were flipping 105.1 WMGC to Classic Hip-Hop, they stunted for awhile by simulcasting the Oldies format on WCSX-HD2. Note: This was before Beasley bought Greater Media a few months later.
    Last edited by JeremyAndrews; 05-24-2017 at 03:44 PM.
    Jeremy Andrews

Quote Originally Posted by robotique View Post

I am puzzled by the music. I heard a baffling sequence of four songs in a row the other evening -- first was a traditional sounding Irish song or at least a contemporary song with traditional elements, second was a lounge-y vocal song, third was a country song and the fourth was in a foreign language i did not recognize. Basically it seems all over the place and if you liked one of these styles specifically,...
    All over the place...or all in one place...IRELAND.

All Irish Music....old and new, folk and rock, today and yesterday.

It's interesting to someone under 60 when they play Sinead O'Connor and Bono...causes me to think: "Oh,right...they're IRISH".

It's interesting to hear Tommy Makem as well: "Oh, I remember them too!"

If you want to hear some traditional Irish Music....you are not going to tune away because they throw in a Sinead O'Connor song from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wimmmex View Post
    All over the place...or all in one place...IRELAND.

All Irish Music....old and new, folk and rock, today and yesterday.

It's interesting to someone under 60 when they play Sinead O'Connor and Bono...causes me to think: "Oh,right...they're IRISH".

It's interesting to hear Tommy Makem as well: "Oh, I remember them too!"

If you want to hear some traditional Irish Music....you are not going to tune away because they throw in a Sinead O'Connor song from time to time.
    Or The Coors, who after a long absence are touring in the US again, or The Cranberries... another Irish band.

There is a band called The Saw Doctors, they are hard to describe, but the easiest way I can describe them, and this IMHO, is they are an Irish version of BNL, but precede the Bare Naked Ladies by years and years...

They do a very interesting duet/cover of Petula Clark's "Downtown" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItVEhL-T7qQ

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910