• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Pirate on 87.9 around Maitland?

Only been getting the chance to listen here and there, but around Maitland I'm picking up what might be a pirate station going on 87.9 fm.
Seems like it's on evenings and weekends, Creole, Spanish and English with enough f-bombs that I don't think it's a lowpower outfit. Haven't heard any station IDs or anything. Usually music but Sunday night was somebody talking in Creole, no idea if it was religious or what.

Anybody hear any identifying info? It'll be hard to follow up Street Heat but I'm hopeful they pick up momentum lol.

Only been getting the chance to listen here and there, but around Maitland I'm picking up what might be a pirate station going on 87.9 fm.
Seems like it's on evenings and weekends, Creole, Spanish and English with enough f-bombs that I don't think it's a lowpower outfit. Haven't heard any station IDs or anything. Usually music but Sunday night was somebody talking in Creole, no idea if it was religious or what.

Anybody hear any identifying info? It'll be hard to follow up Street Heat but I'm hopeful they pick up momentum lol.

Definitely a pirate.

Last edited:

I heard them a couple of days ago in Altamonte. The were playing some Creole rap. I could never get an ID on the station.

Don't know if it's the same pirate, but they can also be picked up around Universal Studios as well. Someone should call the FCC : )

They're still around, heard some more English language the other night with some call-in advice show. Also spots for events in the area. Still running with the MD40 branding.

Signal is very weak here in Altamonte. have tested it on my HDR-16 and on a car radio.

I actually heard them airing Dave Ramsey around 8 PM last night and Monday night. It's a whole bunch of different stuff they have going on that station.

The signal is strong in Pine Hills, for those who like to drive around & try to locate the antenna.
I enjoy some of their English R&B songs every now & then.

Goodness their audio is very midrangy. LOL I'm surprised they have not been shut down yet. And hey why do they carry Dave Ramsey anyway when WFLA carries that show????????

Last week when I was up there they were off and on. I like when they play the reggae music.

If they are in Etonville they should come in a lot better in Altamonte. They are not as powerful as I thought.

So my radio nerd is just kicking in here guys so don't mind me. Does that signal make it to the union park area in east Orlando or Sanford? Just curious what kinda range they have on that signal.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom