Wntn 1550 - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Wntn 1550

WNTN's low power night signal is on the air, but very weak. I drove by the Fresh Pond tower and heard it, but it was no longer overcoming static by less than a mile away, and it was pretty much gone by two miles away.

The three-watt nighttime signal when it was from Newton covered several miles (weakly), I used to hear the faint fringe as far east as Cambridge, BU, and even Kenmore Square before the Back Bay buildings ate it up, but I can't hear the present night signal two miles from Fresh Pond here in Somerville.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli Polonsky View Post
    WNTN's low power night signal is on the air, but very weak. I drove by the Fresh Pond tower and heard it, but it was no longer overcoming static by less than a mile away, and it was pretty much gone by two miles away.

The three-watt nighttime signal when it was from Newton covered several miles (weakly), I used to hear the faint fringe as far east as Cambridge, BU, and even Kenmore Square before the Back Bay buildings ate it up, but I can't hear the present night signal two miles from Fresh Pond here in Somerville.
    What runs on there at night? Usually on the internet I hear Greek music on shuffle or dead air with a legal ID. Not much to do with it after dark..
    Jeremy Andrews

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyAndrews View Post
    What runs on there at night? Usually on the internet I hear Greek music on shuffle or dead air with a legal ID. Not much to do with it after dark..
    It was some network talk show with a female host (American), I couldn't catch the name of the show or where it was based, but scanning the dial I heard some other AM stations skipping in at night from other areas airing the same show.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345