• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Pacifica Radio appoints William Crosier.

I'm sure it will remain the same ole business as usual as it always has been. Real positive change requires a different way of thinking, with a new way of doing "business". Things will never improve as long as they keep doing things the same as it always has. The ship is sinking and they are running out of life boats.

I'm sure it will remain the same ole business as usual as it always has been.

That, of course, is the definition of insanity.

I like how they attribute all their ailments to the actions of Prez Trump, who has been in office a mere three weeks.

The donald's presidency should be like feeding warm air to a thunderstorm for Pacifica. What a gift for the left! If they can't make any hay with the current political climate they need to get out of the communication business!

The donald's presidency should be like feeding warm air to a thunderstorm for Pacifica. What a gift for the left! If they can't make any hay with the current political climate they need to get out of the communication business!

Their motives are so transparent. I won't be falling for any of it. Most other reasonable people won't be, either.

Their motives are so transparent. I won't be falling for any of it. Most other reasonable people won't be, either.

Our president has provided plenty of fodder for the loyal opposition and the not so loyal opposition too! Like him or hate him, the donald has not been very diplomatic in his approach to solving the country's problems and that causes emotions to soar.
There are plenty of people who WILL buy it because we, for the most part, are not guided by reason, but by emotion. Pacifica, in the past, indoctrinated millions and could do so again if only they would stop the bickering and get back to their mission.

the donald has not been very diplomatic in his approach to solving the country's problems

He's only been in office for three weeks. He hasn't even picked his cabinet completely yet. Passing such judgement on his performance this early belies a desired prophecy, I'd say it looks more like wishful thinking.

Last edited:
Passing such judgement on his performance this early belies a desired prophecy, I'd say....wishful thinking perhaps?

It really doesn't matter. People will believe what they want to believe, and therefore, it will lead to better fundraising for opposition causes.

He got elected based on a desire for change. That only lasts a short time. Then he becomes status quo. So a new group comes along offering change from the new status quo.

It really doesn't matter. People will believe what they want to believe, and therefore, it will lead to better fundraising for opposition causes.

Very true!

He got elected based on a desire for change. That only lasts a short time. Then he becomes status quo. So a new group comes along offering change from the new status quo.

The thing is, this "new status quo" appears to be the old status quo that was defeated in the last election.

The thing is, this "new status quo" appears to be the old status quo that was defeated in the last election.

Yep...That's how things work. Same with fashion. If you hold on to your old clothes long enough, they'll become cool again.

He's only been in office for three weeks. He hasn't even picked his cabinet completely yet. Passing such judgement on his performance this early belies a desired prophecy, I'd say it looks more like wishful thinking.

I didn't intend to turn this discussion political - this will be my final post since the subject is radio.

Not wishful thinking. Just an observation. I did not support either candidate...I voted libertarian. I do NOT support Pacifica either politically or financially. I DO support their right to oppose any candidate of their choosing and their freedom to speak in opposition. You may agree with Trump's solutions to our country's problems...I agree with some of them...but he is no diplomat. When it comes to herding cats diplomacy is essential.
I would think his choice of words when he describes his solutions to our problems would energize the opposition which Pacifica is a part of. It is a further sign of their (Pacifica's) dysfunction...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom