• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Mish Michaels loses WGBH science job — because she doesn’t believe in vaccines

Y2kTheNewOldies

Walk of Fame Participant
https://www.bostonglobe.com/lifesty...ccine-views/thk5uuucpFRivibPehLNPK/story.html

http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2017/2/10/boston-reporter-fired-almost-immediatelyafter-being-hired

You won't see Mish Michaels on WGBH with some national appearances on PBS, and NPR because of the vaccine issue and Climate change.

In addition to her skepticism about the scientific consensus on vaccines and autism, Michaels also isn’t on board with the widely-accepted science related to climate change. On her website, she writes: “I spent hours and hours reading about climate science to be able to generate related stories. Given my exposures to date, I do feel strongly that politics has warped the scientific process and natural variation has a much stronger hand than humans do.”

she had fallen off the face of the earth ,had a couple of failed business ventures after her TV career crashed bankrolled by her very rich very successful husband Wesley Atamian.

Looks like she will just have to go back to that 3 million dollar McMansion in Wellsley and play soccer mom under her real name.

She couldn't get a gig as a weekend fill in weather person at this point.... there has to be something going on that we don't know about.

she had fallen off the face of the earth ,had a couple of failed business ventures after her TV career crashed bankrolled by her very rich very successful husband Wesley Atamian.

Looks like she will just have to go back to that 3 million dollar McMansion in Wellsley and play soccer mom under her real name.

She couldn't get a gig as a weekend fill in weather person at this point.... there has to be something going on that we don't know about.

She's not marching to the "proper drum beat". That's what's going on.

I think she was at Channel 4 for one maybe two stints. And IIRC, for a time on the Weather Channel.

And, if memory serves, she also did a (VERY) short stint at WMUR-TV (9)...
One of her weather segments featured her on a beach -- in a bikini ---!!!:cool:
As I recall.....she "left" Channel 9 not long after......??!:rolleyes:
"Can you say.....'eye candy'???";)

I wonder if this is where JC Monahan is headed now?

She would be INSANE to take a NPR radio gig, at 45 she is still "hot", and has no reason to pull a Kim Carrigan and go the radio route.

Could she be headed to a network?

Someone at 5 TV Place really screwed the pooch if they didn't spend the money to keep her there.

NBC Boston seems to be pretty well (over) staffed at this point., Channel 7 is not a career move, WBZ? Maybe..... WFXT? I doubt it very much.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom