KWIF Getting Ready To Launch?

Thread: KWIF Getting Ready To Launch?

KWIF Getting Ready To Launch?

30+ years in the making, and it looks like 15~Hundred is about to return to the air. The FCC has granted the Culver City station call letters KWIF. They'll run with a blazing 120 watts day, and 150 watts night from a diplexed location. KSPA 15~Ten has been fighting the application, but their objections have been all but shot down. And it's been a while since former owner Ed Stolz has filed an objection...maybe because he's had his hands full fighting Entercom in Sacramento! The granting of call letters is significant, so maybe this is the year the former Burbank station returns!
    Dr. Akbar 'n Nurse Jeff
    The Middle Eastern Men of the Media
    Buckeye, AZ

Fake News. Fake Consultancy. Fake Ratings. No one is more fake than Los Buckeye Boyz!

Unless im wrong. I think Royce broadcasting owns the station. Im surprised they haven't tried to buy FM's and only want this joke of an AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 30james View Post
    Unless im wrong. I think Royce broadcasting owns the station. Im surprised they haven't tried to buy FM's and only want this joke of an AM.
    The Owner of Royce Int'l is a nut. I used to enjoy reading his full Staff line up along with the current rate card for KRCK published in the Broadcasting yearbook. Look it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Hits View Post
    The Owner of Royce Int'l is a nut. I used to enjoy reading his full Staff line up along with the current rate card for KRCK published in the Broadcasting yearbook. Look it up!
    KWIF is currently owned by LEVINE/SCHWAB PARTNERSHIP. There was an application filed on February 6th to change the ownership to WILLIAM J. SCHWAB, II.

Exhibit 7
    Description: AGREEMENT NARRATIVE

IN LIEU OF A WRITTEN AGREEMENT, THE PARTIES HAVE ORALLY AGREED TO ADJUST THEIR PARTNERSHIP INTEREST IN LEVINE/SCHWAB PARTNERSHIP. CURRENTLY MR. LEVINE HOLDS 54% AND MR. SCHWAB HOLDS 46%. BECAUSE OF MR. SCHWABS INVESTMENT OF CAPITAL, THE PARTIES AGREE THAT THE NEW PERCENTAGES SHOULD BE SWITCHED. THEY PROPOSE THAT MR. LEVINE NOW HOLD 46% AND MR. SCHWAB 54%. BECAUSE THIS INSTANT PROPOSAL CHANGES VOTING CONTROL, THE PARTIES ARE FILING THIS INSTANT 315 APPLICATION.

Quote Originally Posted by 30james View Post
    Unless im wrong. I think Royce broadcasting owns the station.
    Only in Ed Stolz's mind! He competed for the 15~Hundred frequency at the auction, but lost to Levine-Schwab and lost all his appeals. It's interesting to note that both Stolz and Levine-Schwab initially called for significant wattage on that frequency. Levine-Schwab backed it down considerably due to adjacent channel issues. If and when it hits the air, it will definitely be narrowcasting as the signal misses more than it hits.
    Dr. Akbar 'n Nurse Jeff
    The Middle Eastern Men of the Media
    Buckeye, AZ

Fake News. Fake Consultancy. Fake Ratings. No one is more fake than Los Buckeye Boyz!