• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

95PEN this is crazy

Gunsmoke

Banned
I was messing around on Tune-In today and came across an oldies site which read 95PEN, I did remember this station being resurrected in the early 70,s and flipping to oldies and dethroning the oldies powerhouse WCAU-FM. I clicked on it and was shocked, it's the old 95PEN format, jingles and all, just like the station we had here in the mid 70's. The same old jingles but the music is much broader and in full stereo. I wonder who put this together, a great job, Are any of the old employees responsible, what's the deal here, they should advertise this, fantastic. Now if someone could bring back solid gold radio, WCAU-FM, which IMHO was so much better then WPEN.

Thanks for the tip! An enjoyable listen for sure! I was googling around for information on the original station and read somewhere that the online version is being run by a former WPEN employee.

Just found this thread via search function. I am thrilled I have found out about this 95PEN station! I miss WPEN 950 greatly,
especially as it was as “Station of the Stars.” Will be listening and I’m under 40! LOL. Probably the only person that wrote college term papers to WPEN back late 90s early 2000s.

They also use the old oldie jingles which are fantastic but the feature I enjoy most is the fabulous sound and stereo quality, like nothing else on the net, listen to them and others and you can tell the difference in a second. There is also WFILFAMOUS56, WIBBAGE and PGR Philly gold stations streaming... go to https://www.internet-radio.com/stations/oldies/page1 and have a ball, you might have to scroll the pages to find these once great Philly stations.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom