• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Tweeden Joins KABC-AM McIntyre as News Anchor

Y2kTheNewOldies

Walk of Fame Participant
http://news.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/headline_id=c39906

She will appear on the Morning show as the co-hosts of "McIntyre in the Morning."

Cumulus names radio and TV personality Leeann Tweeden as news anchor for the KABC-AM/Los Angeles morning show, "McIntyre in the Morning." Tweeden joins host Doug McIntyre and sportscaster Randy Wang weekdays from 5-10am. Previously, Tweeden co-hosted "LA Today with Roggin & Tweeden" on KLAC (AM570 LA Sports Radio). She is a frequent social and political commentator on television shows including: Hannity (FOX News), Dr. Drew (HLN), Red Eye (FOX News) and "Good Day L.A."

KABC Operations Director Drew Hayes said, "We are delighted to have Leeann sign on as the newest addition to the KABC on-air team. She is not only a bright, high energy, and plugged-in broadcaster, she brings a broad reservoir of life experiences. Leeann is a perfect fit for McIntyre in the Morning and the big-personality lineup of News. Talk. Evolved. 790 KABC."

I agree. Purtty to look at. Terri rae was much better. They should have just givin the gig to rob marinko unless they just didnt want 3 males in the morning. Nothing against her but knowin cumulus she probably wont be there long. Very few last.

They could have easily made her the sports anchor and pushed Randy Wang back to engineer or whatever it is he does. It must be frustrating for Leeann to hear Randy's sports cast when she spent so many years doing actual sports casting.

Take a listen to Leeann when she is not reading the newscast and take note of how many "you know"s are inserted into her cadence of speech. Once you take notice, it becomes really annoying and is enough to make me want to avoid KABC in AM Drive. Shame, as I really like Doug McIntryre. I think he is one of the better interviewers on LARadio, is well informed, and has a sort-of moderate look on things. He's more to the right than I wish, but he's rationale and reasoned. Leeann needs to be couched by KABC's program director to recognize and cease her probably subconcious reliance on, and usage of, "you know".

Leeann needs to be couched by KABC's program director to recognize and cease her probably subconcious reliance on, and usage of, "you know".

It's annoying to you, but some people might find it cute. You know?

You know, some people might take note of David's inserted "couched" comment. It's probably just a subconcious Freudian slip. Perhaps rational and reasoned, but sort-of moderately funny. :) Thanks for a little chuckle in the crazy world of media!

I knew someone who used the crutch, "turned around," all the time. "I turned around and said ..." "She turned around and told me ..." "I turned around and bought a new car," Stuff like that. Weird. Made me dizzy!

They could have easily made her the sports anchor and pushed Randy Wang back to engineer or whatever it is he does. It must be frustrating for Leeann to hear Randy's sports cast when she spent so many years doing actual sports casting.

You mean the Golden Mic winning Randy Wang?

I was VERY disappointed that Rob Marinko was canned. He has a great sense of humor, and was, imho, the first co-host for McIntyre who actually added something to the show.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom