• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WUSF TV SOLD AT Auction, is WUSF Radio next?

Thanks for the info from your friend at WEDU, Frank.

What a convoluted mess; Spectrum in Hernando is doing what I surmise is going out OTA for the time being with the programming mentioned by the WEDU CEO, with programming on 16.1 and 16.2 and messages on 16.3 and 16.4 that more or less says programming is finished. Spectrum Hernando has not yet picked up 3.5 or 3.6.......as much as the payTV providers charge, one would think they would carry all the OTA channels and their subchannels, but I guess that’s expecting too much and once again, is another reason to have an antenna to receive all the OTA channels and not just some.

About 1.75 miles n.n.e. of where I am in Eastern Hernando at time, their Spectrum system has a hybrid of mostly Tampa stations and some Orlando, but they have never carried channel 16.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Although a mess, it makes more sense to me now. They're essentially trying to keep the second "station" (now WEDQ) which will eventually join WEDU-DT 13 (virtual 3) in hopes that it will qualify for must carry on the cable and satellite services. I'm guessing this is what Nexstar is probably planning on doing with WTTA. As some of you know, that station was also sold in the auction and will have to sign off eventually as well. My guess is that the over the air signal moves to a subchannel of WFLA-DT 7 (virtual 8) and while over the air on 8- something.... it keeps it's location on the local cable and satellite systems as is.

Thanks for the info. Although a mess, it makes more sense to me now. They're essentially trying to keep the second "station" (now WEDQ) which will eventually join WEDU-DT 13 (virtual 3) in hopes that it will qualify for must carry on the cable and satellite services. I'm guessing this is what Nexstar is probably planning on doing with WTTA. As some of you know, that station was also sold in the auction and will have to sign off eventually as well. My guess is that the over the air signal moves to a subchannel of WFLA-DT 7 (virtual 8) and while over the air on 8- something.... it keeps it's location on the local cable and satellite systems as is.

Looks as though Frontier Cable is not waiting for a must carry decision on some of WUSF’s channels, including 16.1 :

Changes Occurring December 5th:

Frontier will be making the following channel changes effective 12/5: WEDQ/WEDU Florida Channel 371 will be discontinued.

WEDQ SD and WEDQ HD currently on channels 15/516, and 360 will also be discontinued.

Then the last paragraph pretty well contradicts part of the prior notice:

WEDQ Plus HD will launch on channel 516. Call 1-888-Frontier. (I took a pic of the TV screen, but could not paste or post the pic on this forum.)

Last edited:
It looks like the ch 34 (virtual ch 16) signal is now off the air. Dish network still has programming on ch 16 but the guide reads "Channel No Longer Broadcasting".

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom