• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WTMP AM And FM Sold

yeah. That makes 0 sense. Last I checked, WPCV is pretty drivable here in Brandon. Now Tampa i don't know about... I mean I have heard it on a car radio in Altamonte without much trouble.

That translator is a pretty risky move considering the proximity to Co-Channel WPCV-FM.

I'm wondering if anyone on this board has actually heard the 97.5 translator OTA? A few weeks ago I was at the intersection of 66th St N and 74 Ave N in Pinellas Park and all I could hear on my car radio was WPCV, I did at times heard some slight static, which could have been the translator. I'm thinking you might have to be within a mile or two or the transmitter to even to be able to listen to it OTA.

I'm wondering if anyone on this board has actually heard the 97.5 translator OTA? A few weeks ago I was at the intersection of 66th St N and 74 Ave N in Pinellas Park and all I could hear on my car radio was WPCV, I did at times heard some slight static, which could have been the translator. I'm thinking you might have to be within a mile or two or the transmitter to even to be able to listen to it OTA.

The translator is not on the air at the site specified in their current CP.

It may be on the air in Bradenton with a much smaller coverage as it is already licensed there.

Thanks for the translator update- JimmyDean; that certainly explains why I didn't hear it at all; with WPCV coming in relatively strong (on most car radios and decent radios) in east Central Pinellas, it may be a challenge for the translator to have much coverage.

It's currently not on the air.... at least from where the indications are it's supposed to be. If indeed it's gonna be on the Starkey Road tower as some of the public online filings suggest, I would imagine it would cover St Pete, Largo, and Clearwater and be OK. I don't believe it's ever gonna be approved to be anywhere farther East. But then again, both 1150 and 96.1 don't require additional fill in coverage in Hillsborough. 97.5 will be a Pinellas County translator from what I can tell.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom