• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Could Mother Hubbard be swapped for CBS?

There's talk about what might happen between the Entercom/CBS merger & the Hubbard stations in Cincinnati. Since Bonneville & Entercom used to own 94.9, 97.3, 101.9 & 105.1, would it be a good idea to swap for the stations that will likely be for sale in Boston & San Francisco in return for 7 stations in St. Louis & Cincinnati (CBS/Entercom only owns 98.1, 102.5 & 1120 & Hubbard owns 92.3, 101.1 & 106.5). Would they be interested or not?:rolleyes:

It's way too early to speculate but Entercom was quick to trade their entire Cincinnati cluster at the time to Bonneville. Not sure if Entercom would return to Cincinnati. It would be interesting if it did happen though. I did like the old 949 The Sound and Entercom knows how to program Rock formats. Hubbard seems happy to be in Cincinnati. They also have their online digital company here also. I guess if the price is right they could pull up stakes here.

It's way too early to speculate but Entercom was quick to trade their entire Cincinnati cluster at the time to Bonneville. Not sure if Entercom would return to Cincinnati. It would be interesting if it did happen though. I did like the old 949 The Sound and Entercom knows how to program Rock formats. Hubbard seems happy to be in Cincinnati. They also have their online digital company here also. I guess if the price is right they could pull up stakes here.

They can probably swap their St. Louis cluster for Entercom/CBS stations in San Francisco because they own 1120, 98.1 & 102.5.

I'll be interesting if their are any trades made here and the ramifications of it occurring. It'll probably be at least 6 months or more before anything happens here. Who's to say Hubbard will be interested. Maybe Cumulus could be a player in this too. They own 92.5 94.1 96.5 98.5 and 103.5.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom