• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Could Bonneville or Cumulus be interested in WEEI?

gendvild

New Participating Member
Since we're talking about the CBS Entercom deal, I was wondering if WEEI & the 2 others for sale (we don't know yet) could get purchased by Bonneville or maybe Cumulus. (Hubbard is another interest.) First they would have to swap or exchange for the Phoenix, Seattle or St. Louis stations. Bonneville has a good track record in owning sports stations in Seattle, Phoenix & Denver, & Hubbard also owns a couple of WTOP repeaters in the DC area. Is that a possibility?:rolleyes:

WAAF could EASILY be put into Cumulus' Worcester cluster though. WXLO already cares somewhat about Boston (and is technically in the Boston market), so it's not like Cumulus Worcester doesn't do business with Boston clients.

Is Entercom going to assume CBS Sports Radio? If the network continues, it seems like WEEI is the more likely station to be sold, even though Finn reported both will be kept.

Since we're talking about the CBS Entercom deal, I was wondering if WEEI & the 2 others for sale (we don't know yet) could get purchased by Bonneville or maybe Cumulus.
Or, given their experience with news/talk (WTOP), maybe Bonneville will make a grab for WBZ?
Given their AM-TV package down in Atlanta (WSB), I could even see Cox maybe making a grab for both WBZ AM & TV (and either keeping WFXT or—given its current ratings status—making it part of some swap with someone, somewhere else)...or—forget WBZ—go for either WRKO or WHDH and pair it up with WFXT.

Anyone know anything about Bonneville?
Bonneville is a Salt Lake City company that used to own WTOP, they own a handful of radio stations, with the most recent acquisitions in Denver.
They sold WTOP to Hubbard broadcasting in St. Paul, Mn.
Maybe Hubbard could buy WBZ?

Bonneville is a Salt Lake City company that used to own WTOP, they own a handful of radio stations, with the most recent acquisitions in Denver.
They sold WTOP to Hubbard broadcasting in St. Paul, Mn.
Maybe Hubbard could buy WBZ?
Yeah, I guess Hubbard would be the relevant candidate.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom