• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Could Hubbard come or that Bonneville rebuys the SF stations

gendvild

New Participating Member
Since CBS/Entercom are merging, would they be sold by either fast growing Hubbard Radio or will Bonneville rebuy the properties, because I think 95.7, 96.5 & 102.1 were owned by them once. Is that a possibility?:cool:

Since CBS/Entercom are merging, would they be sold by either fast growing Hubbard Radio or will Bonneville rebuy the properties, because I think 95.7, 96.5 & 102.1 were owned by them once. Is that a possibility?:cool:

I believe anything is possible. I doubt Entercom will sell off KOIT. Q-102, if they have too. With this merger just announced, I'm sure lots of buyers are watching and waiting for the signal to bid.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bonneville decides to re-acquire their San Francisco stations. Aside from Bonneville's Phoenix cluster, There's really not much they could offer to Entercom.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bonneville re-acquires their radio stations in San Francisco. Aside from Bonneville's Phoenix cluster, I don't think they have anything else to offer to Entercom.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bonneville re-acquires their radio stations in San Francisco. Aside from Bonneville's Phoenix cluster, I don't think they have anything else to offer to Entercom.

Is Bonneville a player anymore? They sold a bunch of really good stations to Hubbard a while back, then traded their stand alone LA station for some of Entercom's in Denver. Can't rule anything out as Entercom will be doing some serious horse trading to make the CBS deal work.

Is Bonneville a player anymore? They sold a bunch of really good stations to Hubbard a while back, then traded their stand alone LA station for some of Entercom's in Denver. Can't rule anything out as Entercom will be doing some serious horse trading to make the CBS deal work.

Why would you part with KOIT? Aren't they still toward the top in the ratings? They've certainly updated their music the last couple of years, and dropped the "Light Rock" branding.

Why would you part with KOIT? Aren't they still toward the top in the ratings? They've certainly updated their music the last couple of years, and dropped the "Light Rock" branding.

No one thought Bonneville would part with KOIT in 2007 either. KOIT was #1 then. No station is off the table in this deal.

No one thought Bonneville would part with KOIT in 2007 either. KOIT was #1 then. No station is off the table in this deal.

I can conclude that the San Francisco spinoffs will likely go to Hubbard, with Entercom receiving Cincinnati and St. Louis. Bonneville on the other hand will likely acquire two of Entercom's spinoffs in Seattle for Phoenix. Once the merger closes, that's when we'll find out which stations Entercom will actually place in the trust.

I can conclude that the San Francisco spinoffs will likely go to Hubbard, with Entercom receiving Cincinnati and St. Louis. Bonneville on the other hand will likely acquire two of Entercom's spinoffs in Seattle for Phoenix. Once the merger closes, that's when we'll find out which stations Entercom will actually place in the trust.

I don't think anyone can conclude anything.

I don't think anyone can conclude anything.

Based on my findings, a San Francisco swap with Hubbard would likely give Entercom more stations than Bonneville due to their values. A Seattle-Phoenix swap with Bonneville would result in Bonneville owning 3 FMs and 2 AMs in Seattle, and Entercom owning 5 FMs and 1 AM in Phoenix.

Based on my findings, a San Francisco swap with Hubbard would likely give Entercom more stations than Bonneville due to their values. A Seattle-Phoenix swap with Bonneville would result in Bonneville owning 3 FMs and 2 AMs in Seattle, and Entercom owning 5 FMs and 1 AM in Phoenix.

Hubbard is who I have been hoping for some of the SF Entercom/CBS stations. My thinking is that they may keep their powder dry and wait for any possible Cumulus or iHeart stations, which are good facilities with good upgrade in revenue and listener potential. Or Alpha..maybe. It's all a guess.

That's fine if those were the only two operators in the business. You're overlooking other possibilities including selling stations to broadcast owners (religious, ethnic) that won't pose a competitive threat.

That's fine if those were the only two operators in the business. You're overlooking other possibilities including selling stations to broadcast owners (religious, ethnic) that won't pose a competitive threat.

That's the first thought I had.

Sure, EMF has 107.3 (their move in for the Bay Area) and several other "signals" but don't think they wouldn't jump at a "more full market" signal.

Deep deep pockets.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom