Entercom + CBS Radio - Impact on San Diego (KSOQ) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Entercom + CBS Radio - Impact on San Diego (KSOQ)

Quote Originally Posted by MChase2017 View Post
    If they figure out how to make that trick work......let me know the secret! Ha!
    Imagine the ghost of Victor Diaz buying his stations back.
    The opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers. Retweets are not endorsements.

If KSOQ gets spun off let's say too Cumulus just a long shot I'm guessing here. Well they buy more stations in this market.

Quote Originally Posted by dvdnjr91 View Post
    If KSOQ gets spun off let's say too Cumulus just a long shot I'm guessing here. Well they buy more stations in this market.
    I can't say for sure, of course, but I don't think Cumulus has the resources to buy any station in San Diego. They're at the brink of having to sell stations to stay afloat. As I understand it, they have a $2-billion dollar debt to service, and their common stock is trading well below the $1 level, $1 being the minimum to stay listed in NASDQ Global Markets. Recently, they had to do a reverse stock split in order to prevent delisting and to raise the share price to above $1 and now here they are again, trading well below $1. That corporation is not well.

Even if corporate debt were not an issue, why would Cumulus want a stand-alone Class A rimshot signal like KSOQ? Cumulus has no San Diego stations. Seems more likely KSOQ would go to Salem, which owns two AM's in S.D. that could benefit from even a small FM signal. Or possibly Crawford. It could simulcast AM 1240, which is less than 1kw and doesn't get to North County well.
    Last edited by Signal Geek; 03-26-2017 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Willits View Post
    I can't say for sure, of course, but I don't think Cumulus has the resources to buy any station in San Diego. They're at the brink of having to sell stations to stay afloat. As I understand it, they have a $2-billion dollar debt to service, and their common stock is trading well below the $1 level, $1 being the minimum to stay listed in NASDQ Global Markets. Recently, they had to do a reverse stock split in order to prevent delisting and to raise the share price to above $1 and now here they are again, trading well below $1. That corporation is not well.
    At 32 cents a share, we could pool our resources and gain controlling interest of CMLS. But why? Debt at the end of 2016 amounted to 2.4b (a tenth of what I ♥ Debt has on their books). Debt interest last year was $136m. They can make the payments, but can't satisfy minimums at NASDAQ, which could trigger default by debt holders. Again, why would they want the Company? Mary Berner is no dummy, and there could be some swap scenarios in the CBS/Entercom deal that result in more revenue for CMLS. Then there's always more Ancient Modulation tower sites that could be sold.....
    Dr. Akbar 'n Nurse Jeff
    The Middle Eastern Men of the Media
    Buckeye, AZ

Download the Buckeye Media Hut app for your iPhone or Android device today. Amaze your friends with all kinds of stuff that really isn't important!

Entercom has already placed 92.1 KSOQ in the divestiture trust, so that means that Entercom will only spin off that station.

Other changes I think may happen once the merger completes include KYXY and Sunny merging formats on either 96.5 or 98.1 with the other flipping to a new format, and Energy possibly re-branding to AMP Radio to boost their ratings.

After some thoughts, I think that Energy 103.7 will probably shift into a more Rhythmic direction, allowing Entercom to compete against iHeartMedia's Jam'n 95.7.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12