Entercom's Impact on NYC - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Entercom's Impact on NYC

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEduardo View Post
    Too much height, not enough power.
    I was pondering about programming.
    I believe that the second half of what I quoted might be true beyond the first couple million people, but never the first half.
    Actually, with that low power, ESB might be a better, certainly a more central spot.
    So, how would one program that signal challenged station that would ultimately cover many millions of people.
    Last edited by ai4i; 06-10-2017 at 10:12 AM.
    Ai4i has Always Been on the Trailing Edge of Technology!

102.7 and WBMP are the low billers of the cluster, but both are in the $13,000,000 to $15,000,000 annual billing range... better than WPLJ and a couple of other full signal FMs in the market.
    Wow - those numbers are stunningly poor!!!

I thought for sure Fresh would be closer to $20 million. How is it that two stations with such strong appeal to suburban white females (WPLJ, WFSH) bill so abysmally? Didn't WPLJ used to bill nearly $30 million a year before Cumulus ruined the station?

Moderator/Assistant Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkW View Post
    Wow - those numbers are stunningly poor!!!

I thought for sure Fresh would be closer to $20 million. How is it that two stations with such strong appeal to suburban white females (WPLJ, WFSH) bill so abysmally? Didn't WPLJ used to bill nearly $30 million a year before Cumulus ruined the station?
    At present, there are only five stations billing over 30 million and three are AM operations.

WPLJ has several issues, not really caused by Cumulus. One is the departure of Scott Shannon and the other is the congestion for 25-44 females in the market. They lost their cume driver, and at the same time we got stations like adult rhythmic WKTU, a younger sounding WLTW and then WNEW-FM's AC format as well as a younger sounding CBS-FM.

Still, WPLJ is off from its 2010 billings by nearly 60%.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, RCA Broadcast News, Television Magazine, Radio Annual, Radio News, Sponsor, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, M Street Directory, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456