Hi everyone! I got a HD radio this past Christmas in 2016, and I just checked STAR 94.1's HD2 channel to see if they were still playing Christmas music. Now, they are playing what may be Variety Hits. When I checked STAR's HD2 channel at New Year's going into 2017, they were then still playing Christmas music. In this maybe "Variety Hits" mix, I heard them play the following in this order:
- Prince "1999"
- Rick Springfield "Jessie's Girl"
- Earth, Wind, & Fire "Shining Star"
- Madonna "Borderline"
- Barry White "You're The First, The Last, My Everything"
- Joan Jett & the Blackhearts "I Love Rock 'n' Roll"
- Marvin Gaye "I Heard It Through The Grapevine"
I'm usually used to big wide AC playlists like what you would hear on 103.7 Chuck FM or on Mixx 104.5 WYYU-FM in Dalton, but not a mix like what I just listed above. As I'm typing this post, I also heard:
- Duran Duran "Hungry Like The Wolf"
- Kool and the Gang "Celebration"
- Eagles "Heartache Tonight"
- Beatles "Let It Be"
- Irene Cara "Flashdance (What A Feeling)"
- Steve Miller Band "Rockin' Me"
- Michael Jackson "The Way You Make Me Feel"
- Foreigner "Hot Blooded"
- Hall & Oates "You Make My Dreams Come True"
- George Benson "On Broadway"
- Barry White "Can't Get Enough of Your Love, Baby"
Would this all qualify as Variety Hits? You're more than welcome to post below. Before I turned on the radio, I checked the stream online, and they permanently took the stream down. Once again, this is on STAR 94.1's HD2 channel. Regular STAR 94.1 was streaming without any problems. Anyway, that is all.