• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

HD radio listings?

Cut me some slack! :) at least I got the call letters and frequency correct! (Hopefully) I have always been led to believe that WTZB's null toward Orlando was to protect WOCL, just checked WOCL 105.9 (Sunny 105) and they have an active HD2 and a silent HD3. They're a sister station to Tampa's Q-105 but the few times I listen to OTA radio, I prefer WOCL to WRBQ; even though the formats are basically the same.

More and more cars are coming with HD as standard equipment. Just check out the Caddys.

The average age of a car in the US is 11 years. And only a smaller percentage of radios have HD even in new models. At this rate, it will be 2030 before even half the cars on the roads have HD.

I better quit posting! I don't think I've had an error free post in months! Yes it looks like WOCL is still CBS for the time being! Does that make them step-sister stations now?! :).

At this rate, it will be 2030 before even half the cars on the roads have HD.
And in today's media world, no one will add a converter as they did when FM popularized progressive rock.
I would make certain to have HD in my car if I were in NYC, but NYC is somewhat unique.

The HD offerings in Philly and Boston are much better than New York. There are only two HD subchannels that offer formats that are not found on the main band active rock on 92 3 and Smooth Jazz on 102 7. There are a few others on the non commercial band

There are a few others on the noncommercial band
I did not know about the smooth jazz one, but that sounds OK, also I think WLTW has an original HD-2 pop music offering.
I am, to misquote George HW Bush, a "'noncommercial band' kind of a guy", and I would enjoy
Q2, Mercer College's "The Classical Network" (also in Phillie), WFDU Masterworks, WQXR on a full class B signal,
the Jazz Bee, Jazz & What's More, Jazz & Blues, and WFUV Music.
That adds eight or nine more, bringing the number way higher if those HDRadio.com listings can be trusted.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom