CBS RADIO merges with Entercom: DFW Impact - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: CBS RADIO merges with Entercom: DFW Impact

Quote Originally Posted by TXRadioJunkie View Post
    I've said it before and I'll repeat it -- somebody would be smart to flip a full-power FM to the 80s-90s country with a few power gold 70s mixed in. I've thought Cumulus has missed the boat for not flipping either KSCS or KPLX to this format considering the strong duplication of the format on both frequencies. Wonder if Entercom/CBS will take note of this hole and fill it....
    Someone has. http://www.texas99.com/

A C3 in Freestone County, KNES 99.1 Fairfield. Good old Texas 99, listenable for around 15 minutes of 75mph on the trek from Dallas to Houston, or vice versa. Good mixture with currents, but heavy on the recurrents and gold. They do pull out a classic from the 70's vault from time to time, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CTListener View Post
    I know them all, too. It's just that I haven't heard some of them since the '80s. Several don't even make the cut on the SiriusXM channel covering that period, Prime Country. That's why I was surprised to see them on an FM, where playlists are usually smaller. There just doesn't seem to be any clear idea what songs and artists from that diverse, creative time in country music should be played today, when the genre has changed so much. Listen to the crickets chirping at country radio as Garth Brooks tries a comeback. He sells out arenas on nostalgia but can't crack a playlist. His stylistic nods to Billy Joel and Dan Fogelberg worked well on 30- and 40-somethings in the early '90s, but to reach today's 30/40 listener, he'd have to reinvent himself in the style of '90s/'00s artists -- most of whom he spent that period of his career providing an alternative to!
    Anyone familiar with the music of that time frame can easily come up with a clear set of songs to test.

R
    LEGENDARY 80S INTERNET RADIO
    ***RETURNING IN 2017***

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234