• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Our Positive Vibes Go Out to Big Bob Miller

H

Hot Hits

Miller who had quadruple bypass surgery last year suffered what is being reported as a minor Stroke over the weekend. What an Icon in L.A. Hockey history. I remember in 1982/1983 no commercial Radio station in Los Angeles wanted to carry the KINGS. At that point KCSN, the little University 3000 watter out of Northridge became the home of the L.A. Kings!

Miller who had quadruple bypass surgery last year suffered what is being reported as a minor Stroke over the weekend. What an Icon in L.A. Hockey history. I remember in 1982/1983 no commercial Radio station in Los Angeles wanted to carry the KINGS. At that point KCSN, the little University 3000 watter out of Northridge became the home of the L.A. Kings!

Bob is the best. We are so lucky to have him. Unfortunately, I don't think we will have him (at least announcing) much longer. With the timing of the off season, he had a long recuperation period from the surgery last year and even with the limited schedule this year, you can see he is struggling - his delivery is just not as quick or as crisp and he is making mistakes on air. I was pretty sure this was going to be his last season regardless of any other health issues. If this is indeed it, I say a heartfelt "Thank you" to Bob who taught me hockey just as much as Chick taught me basketball and Vin taught me baseball. What a way to grow up!

I am glad Bob was able to be around long enough to see not one but two(!) Kings Stanley cup winners.

Bob is the best and ChannelFlipper is absolutely right on how we here in the Southland were blessed with the Holy Trinity of Sports Broadcasting Legends in Vin, Chick & Bob.
What a great era that unfortunately will never return the same way again. :(

(March 1, 2017) Broadcaster Bob Miller, whose vivid descriptions of the Kings' struggles and triumphs have made him the soundtrack of local hockey fans’ lives for 44 seasons, is expected to announce Thursday that he will retire from his play-by-play duties, according to a story by Helene Elliott in this morning's LA Times. (Photo of Miller courtesy of LA Times)

Miller, 78, suffered a mild stroke during All-Star weekend festivities in Los Angeles in January, a year after he had undergone quadruple bypass surgery.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom