Brian Joyce Joins Newstalk 106.7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brian Joyce Joins Newstalk 106.7

Brian Joyce Joins Newstalk 106.7

Just announced on his WGOW Chattanooga show that talker Brian Joyce is joining Newsradio 106.7 Atlanta for 3-6 PM. Didn't hear a start date.

Are you still with WKRP?

Is this a syndicated show out of Chattanooga? Both Newsradio 106.7 and WCOW web sites show him currently active at both.

Quote Originally Posted by HippieGuy View Post
    Is this a syndicated show out of Chattanooga? Both Newsradio 106.7 and WCOW web sites show him currently active at both.
    I think Rodney Ho's story said Joyce will do the show from Chattanooga on Monday-Thursday and Atlanta on Friday. The show runs in both markets.

I'm curious why 106.7 is still listed as "All News" in the most recently published ratings. Do they do more news than, for example, WSB, which is listed as News-Talk? It can't just be because of the slogan they use. Nielsen wouldn't do that.

The format listed by Nielsen is self-reported by the station.
    "Its music what makes a radio station, and at Live FM, we play the last music around."
    After receiving that copy, I quit the VO industry.

Moderator/Assistant Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by PTBoardOp94 View Post
    The format listed by Nielsen is self-reported by the station.
    No, it's not. In the listings of the Nielsen 12+ or 6+ free numbers, the listing publication puts in the format names. That is why individual stations will sometimes be listed differently by each publication.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, RCA Broadcast News, Television Magazine, Radio Annual, Radio News, Sponsor, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, M Street Directory, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

What happened to the news readers that use on be after the Kimmer?

So, I noticed late last week that Brian Joyce wasn't on the air....also noticed he wasn't on this evening. In place was a guy named Mike Brooks.

So, is Joyce out already?

Quote Originally Posted by agentUrge View Post
    So, I noticed late last week that Brian Joyce wasn't on the air....also noticed he wasn't on this evening. In place was a guy named Mike Brooks.

So, is Joyce out already?
    No. He's on a vacation that he planned before he got the job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast