• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Scientifica Atlanta 9000 dish bolt pattern

Anyone have a copy of the bolt pattern for the old SA satellite dish used back in the beginning of the SEDAT days? I know they sold a steel plate with the bolt pattern, but I would settle for a page in a manual showing the design and specs of the bolt pattern.

Assuming you have the post that supports the dish, I've just gotten a nice flat piece of cardboard or 1/4" plywood, traced around the post and bolt holes carefully with a Sharpie, then cut to make a template.

Other option is use a little geometry to measure and calculate the bolt locations.

The structure is currently mounted on a rooftop and bolted to a steel plate. Tracing is not an option. We could use geometry to calculate the positions, but I am first looking for a definitive pattern diagram to give to a metal fabricator who is going to duplicate the pattern on a steel plate and then fabricate a new post with gussets to hold a new 3.7 m dish which is going to replace the 9000 model.

If you're near Waukegan, IL, WKRS still has theirs in the side yard (or at least they did last September.) I don't know who the current engineer is, but if they still have the dish, maybe the manual is somewhere in the engineering archives.

We need this up in New England. We are checking a couple of stations to see if there is an old manual buried somewhere. Two places where the old SA dishes are still there, but no manuals found so far. The steel fabricator was onsite this week, and says he can duplicate the old pattern and build a new mount without too much difficulty.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom