• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WGN changes

Sinclair sold the remainder of their radio stations between 1999 and 2000 to Entercom and Emmis because they wanted to focus more on TV station ownership. Therefore, it would make sense for Sinclair to sell off their Seattle radio stations and WGN.

But then if they aren't interested in being in the radio business, why did they buy WGN in the first place since I am sure that WGN Radio was also apart of the deal?

But then if they aren't interested in being in the radio business, why did they buy WGN in the first place since I am sure that WGN Radio was also apart of the deal?

WGN is Tribune's sole radio property. Sinclair owns a couple radio stations in Seattle when they acquired Fisher Communications in 2013, but didn't sell them off. I doubt Sinclair is looking to return to the radio business, so I'm guessing that Sinclair may sell off the radio properties once they merge with Tribune.

Not sure of what Mike Mathis' passing as to do with the topic, but I learned of it when John Williams broke the news with 5 minutes left of his show

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom