• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WFNH 95.1 FM in Jackson?

Hey all -

The FCC has received a License to Cover application from WFNH 95.1 FM (LPFM) indicating that the station is now on the air in Jackson.

Has anyone been able to listen? Your thoughts?

--- Casual Observer

Mrs. Gant is a home economist who, I am told, has a television program on public access television in Jackson. The Town of Terry had voted to donate a trailor building (which had once been a video store) that sits in its park on Cunningham Drive. She was going to move it around Flowers Drive (where she resides) and have classes in it. However, she was not able to engage anyone to move it, and I was told that she had tried to hire moving companies throughout the South. The building has now reverted back to the Town, and someone has offered to buy it.

I have been listening all weekend and have heard nothing on 95.1 FM... I wonder if there is a tower and antenna at their permitted location.

--- Casual Observer

This Saturday afternoon, there was an Asian-sounding lady teaching a lesson about the Bible. I went inside a department store, and when I returned, the station was playing Gospel music. This morning (Sunday), I heard nothing on the station.

I caught WFNH on the air this morning. Weak signal 3-4 miles from the transmitter site playing gospel music. Audio quality was not good - no highs or lows and in mono from what I could tell. Almost sounded like someone was feeding unprocessed de-emphasized audio straight into the trasnmitter. Listened for 20 minutes thru the top of the hour - never heard a legal ID.

RFB

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom