• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Me-TV leaving WSB for WGTA Toccoa in March

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/100665/wgta-to-be-new-atlanta-home-of-metv#.WHkoVPnCbRc.facebook

WSB will replace it with Heroes & Icons (not near as good as Me-Tv). Article points out that Me-TV will gain 1 million cable and satellite viewers.....while losing local antenna coverage in the metro. Now, looking at this...............does it appear to you this is more of a move on Me-TV's part than WSB and not by their choice? After all WSB will be moving from the #1 sub channel to about #20.

That's Decades that WSB will replace Me-TV with. Decades has been on 32.2 and 69.2. WGTA will move Heroes & Icons to 32.2, replacing Decades.

I do watch Decades, usually on some (but not all) weekends when they do binge showing of one program. BUT Decades is not near as good as Me-TV. WSB is going to get mega-complaints when this takes effect.

That's Decades that WSB will replace Me-TV with. Decades has been on 32.2 and 69.2. WGTA will move Heroes & Icons to 32.2, replacing Decades.

seems odd that WUPA would give up Decades considering its a CBS Corp station and CBS O&O stations (not necessarily CBS) have carried Decades since launch

Tomorrow's the big change, WSB will replace Me-TV on ch. 2.2 with Escape TV. It is moving from WUVG's channel 34.4, which will go dark.

ME-TV is gone from 2.2, replaced with Escape.

Escape is still live on 34.4 as well. Exactly the same programming as 2.2.

Decades is still on 69.2

Parents watched MeTV more than all stations

Tomorrow's the big change, WSB will replace Me-TV on ch. 2.2 with Escape TV. It is moving from WUVG's channel 34.4, which will go dark.

My parents, both in their mid 80s, watched MeTV more than all stations on 2.2 and now that has been taken away from them. They are angered that WSB sought fit to drop their favorite channel. They are out of the Toccoa range and do not receive Channel 32 over the air. They said the new station on 2.2 is awful and want me to do something about it, but there is little I can do. Complaints fall on deaf ears. WSB has lost may older formerly loyal customers by doing this. I live near Toccoa myself but that does them little good. They are on a fixed income and can't afford cable or satellite. Some business decisions like this one make no sense at all.

I think it was more of a Me-TV thing than WSB dropping them. If I was WSB after this I would never take them back again. And yes, a lot of the retro shows that many loved in ATL can no longer be seen. Shame on Me-TV!!! You can still catch some decent retro-tv on Cozi 42.2, Antenna 36.3, Decades 69.2 and Buzzr 5.3.

>>>My parents, both in their mid 80s, watched MeTV more than all stations on 2.2 and now that has been taken away from them. They are angered that WSB sought fit to drop their favorite channel. They are on a fixed income and can't afford cable or satellite. <<<

You might buy a VCR if you don't have one already and just record several tapes for your folks. Find out what shows they like and record them all on six-hour tapes. You can find VCRs easily on eBay. DVRs might have better quality and are easier to operate, but you can't record on them in one location and playback in another.

Nice to see another Gregg on here who knows how to spell it right :).

How are they able to get aways with Escape on 2 stations? I know one is really in Athens, but I can get both in East Dekalb.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom