• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WTIS AM-1110 St. Petersburg

Interesting they sold for the quoted price in the APA. The sellers were originally asking for A LOT more than what they sold if for. The price was probably discounted because the TL was in all probability not part of the sale.

It looks like the translator was part of the sale according to the APA. It's listed in Appendix E as one of the Authorizations being transferred.

According to the Form 345 for the translator, it also has a pending Assignment of License to Q-Broadcasting, and states both AM and translator assignments are being filed simultaneously.

Whats interesting is they have applied for 1110kHz with 10kw day and 5.5kw Critical Hours with no night operation which means the translator will have to sign off at night too unless they change the primary station. It seems they are forgoing the CP to move to 1100 with some low night power.

Whats interesting is they have applied for 1110kHz with 10kw day and 5.5kw Critical Hours with no night operation which means the translator will have to sign off at night too unless they change the primary station. It seems they are forgoing the CP to move to 1100 with some low night power.

Translators, even if the "translated" station is a daytimer, can operate 24/7. This is one of the reasons why the AM Revitalization plan has been so successful.

Class D AM Stations are allowed to originate programming at night, and can continue to run even when the AM goes off the air in the evenings.

http://www.commlawblog.com/2009/06/articles/broadcast/fcc-oks-am-on-fm-translators/

It looks like the translator was part of the sale according to the APA. It's listed in Appendix E as one of the Authorizations being transferred.

According to the Form 345 for the translator, it also has a pending Assignment of License to Q-Broadcasting, and states both AM and translator assignments are being filed simultaneously.

I was referring to the the Transmitter/Tower Location as TL which is quite valuable; upwards towards $3 million. Sorry if I confused you into thinking I was referring to the translator.

I was referring to the the Transmitter/Tower Location as TL which is quite valuable; upwards towards $3 million. Sorry if I confused you into thinking I was referring to the translator.

Thanks for the clarification

Of course the real estate wasn't included. However, if you're an existing operator with your own site and can diplex, as is the case here, the site really doesn't matter.

Frank, It was sold with a translator to the owner of 1550 and they have filed for a CP to diplex. 1110 has benn off the air since Dec. 31, 2016. Ed

Frank, It was sold with a translator to the owner of 1550 and they have filed for a CP to diplex. 1110 has benn off the air since Dec. 31, 2016. Ed

The WTIS deal at $175,000 now looks like a steal when you consider what the new owner did to improve the AM and Translator. They were granted a CP to diplex with WAMA at their own site, so they don't have to pay any rent. Top that off with a CP on top of the Bank Of America Building at 600 Feet for the translator.

Not a bad sequence of moves for Q-Broadcasting. They got 2 AM stations in Market #19 with decent sized translators for around $800,000 combined.

Welcome to RadioDiscussions, Ed!
Thanks for your contributions.
Are they changing their operating frequency to 1100?

I see under the "what's new section, Frank made a comment to this thread, but for whatever reason, it's not showing up on my iPad. (The preview showed that Frank thanked Ed for his contributions to the board. (I thank Ed and others as well). Frank also asked about the final frequency, 1100 or 1110. Hoping eventually Frank's complete post will show.

Thanks, When I was checking before, your post was not showing, not it is; maybe my device isn't as compatible as it should be with the site.

Last edited:
As far as I know It was sold to Q broadcasting with the translator, but is in court. The children of the family sued

As far as I know It was sold to Q broadcasting with the translator, but is in court. The children of the family sued

If the children of the Roseman Family are in some kind of lawsuit with their parents, I don't think it has anything to do with WTIS-AM and its translator.
If that was the case the closing/consumation would have been held up pending a court order, which it was not. According to the documents files with the FCC, everything looks pretty clean.

WTIS AM is back. Although with no format except playing easy listening music. I wonder what is the real purpose for bringing it back on the air.

Hey guys. 1110 is on the air now. It said something about timeless favorites. Quite frankly, I love it!!!!!!! It's so cool hearing music on AM for some reason. It reminds me of smooth 92.7 in Orlando a little bit.

Right now WTIS AM is off the air. I wonder if it has to do with the eclipse. Wait and see when it will be back on the air

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom