• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Stations having dual affiliations

golden eagles97

Frequent Participant
A new sports station signed on in town last week. They're Fox Sports in the morning and afternoon, but goes to CBS Sports Radio at night and during the weekend. There's a news/talk station that carries Fox Sports at night and all day Sunday (they carried Fox when it was a full-time sports station).

What's the purpose in carrying two networks?

The station likely is paid to carry the sports content to clear it in a certain market and the payment for that exceeds the revenue they'd get from airing other syndicated content. Another motivation might be that the Sports programming offers better content to their audience in those periods that what they would otherwise air.

Were I managing a small or mid market station and using such a construct, if it were possible, I'd air the choicest content from these sources on delay as opposed to just carrying the live feed. If it were CBS, I'd carry Jim Rome, for example.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom