• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Controversial Michael Jackson Comedy Pulled by Sky Following Criticism From Family

mvcg66b3r

Star Participant
U.K. pay-TV giant Sky said Friday it has decided not to air a TV program about Michael Jackson after his daughter, Paris Jackson, said she was "incredibly offended" by the portrayal of the late music star.

The episode was scheduled to be part of a series called Urban Myths and was set to air on Sky Arts on Jan. 19. It focused on Jackson's fabled road trip from New York to Los Angeles with Elizabeth Taylor and Marlon Brando after the 9/11 attacks.

Joseph Fiennes played Jackson in a controversial decision, Stockard Channing portrayed Taylor, and Brian Cox played Brando.

"We have taken the decision not to broadcast Elizabeth, Michael and Marlon, a half-hour episode from the Sky Arts Urban Myths series, in light of the concerns expressed by Michael Jackson's immediate family," said Sky. "We set out to take a lighthearted look at reportedly true events and never intended to cause any offense."

Sky added: "Joseph Fiennes fully supports our decision."

On Thursday, Paris tweeted following the release of a trailer for the episode. She said the trailer made her "want to vomit." She added: "It angers me to see how obviously intentional it was for them to be this insulting, not just towards my father, but my godmother Liz as well."

A petition to boycott the episode was launched and drew more than 20,000 signatures.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...-comedy-pulled-by-sky-criticism-family-964073

urban_myths_joseph_fiennes_as_mj_-_screengrab_-_h_2017.jpg

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom