WBMP FM PD to exit.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WBMP FM PD to exit.

Post WBMP FM PD to exit.

http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/ar...-wbmp-new-york

"When you're coming up on the end of a contract, you begin to do some soul-searching as to what the best future for both career and family might be. I'm very thankful to CBS, CHRIS OLIVERO, MARC RAYFIELD, SCOTT HERMAN and MICHAEL MARTIN for their respect and understanding. I have begun engaging in conversations and will keep you posted. The programming team here at AMP/NEW YORK is the best crew in radio and I will miss them dearly."

Is there a format flip on the way?
    Radio station employee...<br />Amateur photographer...<br />Cat slave...<br />Sarcasm expert...<br />Annual USA visitor...

Flip to what tho? Most of FM radio sounds the same lately. I did enjoy their New Year's mixshow special, that was different.

Quote Originally Posted by d21ofnj View Post
    Flip to what tho?
    "92.3 WINS-FM. Give us 22 Mins We'll give you the world."

Quote Originally Posted by MarcB View Post
    "92.3 WINS-FM. Give us 22 Mins We'll give you the world."
    If CBS thought they could make as much money simulcasting 1010 on FM as they do with the low numbers they already get on 92.3, they'd do it in a heartbeat.

But my bet would be that they would be "Newsradio 92 and 880." WCBS always gets better ratings in all the 'burbs and, with a huge FM signal, they'd be better off.

I doubt that either WCBS or WINS will move to the FM band since CBS radio would lose a revenue stream.

Betw Hazleton and Pottsville PA ; Allentown closest market
    Didn't a CBS station in Philly just flip from CHR to A/C ?

CBS just switched AMP 96.5 in Philadelphia to A/C. There's certainly no room for another A/C in New York. I'm not sure CBS would kill WAMP anyway. I believe they hold their own.
    Aside from what the ratings show the station is quite popular within the boroughs with their CHR rhythmic lean
    I&#039;m a sinner and I like it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    CBS just switched AMP 96.5 in Philadelphia to A/C. There's certainly no room for another A/C in New York. I'm not sure CBS would kill WAMP anyway. I believe they hold their own.
    Aside from what the ratings show the station is quite popular within the boroughs with their CHR rhythmic lean
    CBS already owns AC formatted FRESH 102.7, so they wouldn't flip WBMP 92.3 to AC anyway.

AMP isn't going anywhere. NYC is the capital of Rhythmic CHR stations that all sound the same.

No format flip. Contracts get non-renewed all the time, for successful and not successful stations. He is an unfortunate victim of cost-cutting that we're seeing all over radio.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast