Tina Delgado is alive, alive used on XM Hits 1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tina Delgado is alive, alive used on XM Hits 1

Tina Delgado is alive, alive used on XM Hits 1

I heard The Real Don Steele's girl utter the phrase on Hits 1, possibly on the Spyder Harrison's Show. I guess it's not trademarked.

Quote Originally Posted by [V] Musik View Post
    I heard The Real Don Steele's girl utter the phrase on Hits 1, possibly on the Spyder Harrison's Show. I guess it's not trademarked.
    With RKO long gone, I'm not sure how it could be trademarked!

Quote Originally Posted by semoochie View Post
    With RKO long gone, I'm not sure how it could be trademarked!
    Never was. Don took the drop with him to TenQ and KRTH. It was created in the KHJ production studio and arguably could have been argued to be KHJ/RKO's intellectual property, but nobody cared in 1977. I seriously doubt Don took the time to get any legal protection for it. If he did, then his widow, Shaune might be able to ask SiriusXM to stop...if she wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by michael hagerty View Post
    Never was. Don took the drop with him to TenQ and KRTH. It was created in the KHJ production studio and arguably could have been argued to be KHJ/RKO's intellectual property, but nobody cared in 1977. I seriously doubt Don took the time to get any legal protection for it. If he did, then his widow, Shaune might be able to ask SiriusXM to stop...if she wanted to.
    Do you know if Don Steele ever played his Tina Delgado Song anywhere. These are 4 minutes of my life that I'll never get back?

Real Don Steele 'Hole In My Soul' & 'Tina Delgado Is Alive'
    Cameo Records C-399 Released Jan.1966

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6gNwJmP1G0

Are you sure it was created at KHJ? I thought I heard it on an old KISN aircheck circa 1963-64.

Are you sure it was created at KHJ? I thought I heard it on an old KISN aircheck circa 1963-64.
    Seems that it started in Portland according to Ben Fong Torres as written in "The Hits Just Keep On Coming"

https://books.google.com/books?id=8q...20kisn&f=false

You did. But Ron Jacobs thought it was pretty blah (having heard the KISN aircheck, he was right), and had a new version recorded at KHJ. That one has now lived for 52 years.

You did. But Ron Jacobs thought it was pretty blah (having heard the KISN aircheck, he was right), and had a new version recorded at KHJ. That one has now lived for 52 years.
    The one thing we can all agree on: Tina Delgado has always been alive.

Quote Originally Posted by ChannelFlipper View Post
    The one thing we can all agree on: Tina Delgado has always been alive.
    It does however bring up the question of whether it started in Portland, Spokane or even earlier in his career.

It does however bring up the question of whether it started in Portland, Spokane or even earlier in his career.
    Semoochie: First use was at KISN in Portland.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast